02

Calum sat in class, waiting for the professor in the room half full of students. There was still ten minutes until the class started.

He doesn't look up when somebody sits in the old chair next to him, it wasn't unusual so he continued texting his best friend, Ashton.

Minutes before the professor walks in, Calum looks up to see the girl who was late yesterday on the first day.

"Hey." She softly smiles, when she sees Calum looking at her.

"Hi, I'm Calum." He replies.

"Alyssa." She says, holding her hand out for Calum to shake.

The professor walks into the class, and Calum has a difficult time focusing. His mind was thinking about something, or somebody else.

-

Calum decided after he was done with his classes for the day, he was going to go visit Ashton.

Ashton and Calum have been best friends since they were five. They ended up deciding on going to school in the same city.

Though they are best friends, Ashton shares an apartment with Luke.

Luke and Ashton have known each other since birth, their families have been close since forever. They've grown up together, so when they found out they were going to the same school, their parents pitched in for an apartment for the two.

Calum pulls up to the building, and makes his way up to their floor. When he gets to their floor, Ashton is looking out into the hallway, waiting for Calum.

"Cal!" Ashton exclaims.

"Hey, Ashton." Calum chuckles, entering the apartment.

"Can you believe we're here and in university?" Ashton says, as Calum sits on the couch.

"It's crazy, but I'm loving it. Uh, where's Luke?"

"Hey!" Luke calls, walking out of his room to join the two.

"Hey, nice to see you again." Calum smiles as Luke sits with them.

"Yeah, it's been awhile." Luke chuckles.

"How have your first two days been?" Ashton asks.

"They've actually been really good, classes are fine, I quickly talked to somebody today, actually." Calum replies.

"Wow, look at you, already replacing me." Ashton mutters.

"Dude, I talked to her for thirty seconds. We just introduced ourselves."

"Her? Oh? Does Danielle know?" Ashton asks, raising his eyebrows as he questions his friend.

"I'm allowed to introduce myself when somebody speaks to me." Calum states, annoyed that Ashton is acting like a girlfriend.

"Ashton, leave him alone. He can talk to other girls." Luke says.

Ashton rolls his eyes, "I'm just saying that Danielle might be upset. Talk to girls all you want."

"Anyways. How is university for you guys?" Calum asks.

"I'm liking it so far, considering it's been two days. I know I'll wish I was dead in about three weeks though, so..." Luke replies, lightly chuckling.

"Yeah, I feel the same." Ashton laughs.

Calum groans when his phone rings, and he sees that Danielle is calling.

"Hey, babe." He answers.

"Hey, I just wanted to make sure we're still on for tomorrow night? You weren't answering my texts." She says.

"Yeah, I'll come by after class." Calum replies.

"Okay, awesome. I love you." Danielle tells him.

"I love you too, I'll see you soon."

The two end their call, and Calum sighs as he stares at his phone when she hangs up.

"Well, I have class starting sort of soon, and I know I'm going to get lost so I'm going to head there now. It was nice seeing you again, Calum. I know we'll probably be seeing a lot of you." Luke says, getting up and grabbing is bag by the door.

"See you soon!" Calum calls, as Luke heads out.

"So, this girl you talked to today? Was she hot?" Ashton asks, intrigued.

"I mean, I have a girlfriend." Calum replies.

"Are you guys okay? You didn't seem too happy to get a call from her." Ashton chuckles.

"Yeah, I'm surprised, if I'm honest. I didn't think we'd last this long through college. I still love her, I just thought she would've moved on from me after already doing a year at university. I'm happy." Calum tells his best friend. He knew he could trust Ashton when he said things like this.

"It's great you're still together, I'm happy for you." Ashton replies.

"Michael is texting me saying I have to get back to residence, I'll see you soon right? You'll come by the dorms soon?" Calum asks.

"Oh obviously, I need that full college experience." Ashton chuckles as Calum gets up.

"I'll see you soon!" Calum says, heading out the door.

-

"What was your big emergency?" Calum asks, entering the dorm room and stands in the doorway to Michael's bedroom.

"Oh, we were out of alcohol. I needed you and your fake. But Jacob came by and he's actually of age, so I had him go." Michael replies.

Calum rolls his eyes, laughing, "Jacob is a lifesaver, isn't he?"

"Did you know he's fucking Lena?" Michael asks.

Calum chuckles, "He's fucked half the girls on this floor already. We've been here for like, two weeks."

"Man, college is amazing." Michael laughs, getting up and walking by Calum to the fridge.

"Are you really drinking in the middle of the week?" Calum asks.

"Obviously. Here, have a beer. Jacob is having a small party if you want to join." Michael tells him, sitting at their table.

Calum sits at the other seat across from him, "When are you heading over?"

"Like, ten. Most of us have later classes tomorrow so we'll be up all night." Michael replies.

Calum sighs, "You know what? I'll go. Let's do it."

__________

okay thank u to the 3 people who are reading this I appreciate it

but actually people who read this make me very happy I've been in such a good mood y'all let me tell u I just saw Hamilton last Friday then on Saturday Brendon Urie in his second last Kinky Boots show then I went backstage I'm gonna pass out I love nyc and I love you guys so so much thank u again for reading