Chapter 2

Kalib had been walking for about half an hour now. He knew any minute now he would reach his first real obstacle; Huftville Forest. He knew it was mostly grass and bug type Pokemon that lived in the forest. “I wonder if I’ll catch my first Pokemon in the Forest” Kalib said to himself.

Suddenly, Kalib could see some tall trees. It was Huftville Forest! He started to run towards the Forest clearing. He stepped off the dusty road and plunged his feet into ankle deep grass.

“HEEELLLLLLLPP!” Screamed a voice further into the forest. Kalib ran towards the wails. There was a nerdy boy who must’ve been about his age. “Help me please! Please someone!” The boy cried again. Kalib suddenly noticed a Spinarak shooting Poison Stings at the boy. Kalib pulled his Pokeball out. “Go Ralts!” Kalib yelled. He knew poison type Pokemon are effective against fairy type Pokemon, but psychic Pokemon are effective against bug type Pokemon. Ralts wouldn’t find it an easy battle, but it shouldn’t be too difficult. Either way, he didn’t have any other choice, he couldn’t just leave this boy.

“Ralts use Confusion!” It did quite a bit of damage against Spinarak. However, Spinarak started to become angry with Ralts and Kalib. “Let me see, if I remember correctly, Lucy bred her Gardevoir with a Duskull, so my Ralts should know the Ghost move Shadow Sneak… Ralts use Shadow Sneak on Spinarak!” Ralts used the move, Spinarak took some damage. It retaliated with Poison Sting, but Ralts dodged it. “Ralts use Confusion again!” The Spinarak became confused and attacked itself.

“Ok, Go Pokeball!” Kalib said as he threw an empty Pokeball at the Spinarak. The Pokeball rolled around on the floor. “Come on…YES!” The Spinarak was caught.

“Are you ok?” Kalib asked Ralts. The Ralts nodded and smiled at Kalib, clearly pleased with its effort in the battle. “What about you, are you ok?” Kalib asked the nerdy boy. He was wearing thick black glasses and had curly brown hair. The boy stood up and nodded his head. “I’m fine now, thanks so much for helping me! I should have been looking where I was going, I accidently kicked it and it got angry and chased me shooting Poison Sting at me.” The boy explained.

“I’m Daniel” the boy said, “I was on my way to Satford City but forgot to bring any of my Pokemon from there as I came to Appleton by car. I can’t believe I made such a rookie mistake!” Daniel exclaimed. Kalib nodded. “You shouldn’t go into grassy areas without a Pokemon, otherwise you could get attacked and would be defenceless.” Kalib explained. Daniel agreed. He explained that he was on a journey through the Decoh region challenging gyms to be able to compete in the Decoh League. Kalib told Daniel that was what he was doing as well. The two agreed to go to Satford City together.

“I have 2 badges so far, how many do you have?” Daniel asked Kalib. Kalib looked at the grass and back up at Daniel. “I don’t have any yet, I only started my journey today!” Kalib explained. Daniel stopped walking and looked at Kalib. “So was that battle with Spinarak your first Pokemon battle?” Daniel said with a shocked look on his face. “Well yeah, I mean I’ve practised with my sister’s Pokemon before, but it was my first battle with Ralts.” Kalib looked down at Ralts and smiled, Ralts looked back and smiled at him too.

“Look”, Daniel said pointing at a Pokemon feeding on some berries, “it’s a Shroomish! They’re really rare to the Decoh region! Aww man, I wish I had my Pokemon and Pokeballs to catch it. Why don’t you and Ralts try Kalib?” Daniel asked. Kalib nodded and looked down at Ralts who was already looking up at him. The pair of them nodded and Ralts moved forwards catching the Shroomish’s attention.

“Ralts use Confusion!” Kalib said. Ralts used the move which did normal damage. The Shroomish Tackled Ralts. Ralts quickly got to its feet, Kalib told Ralts to use Confusion again. Shroomish became confused, but still landed a Tackle on Ralts. Ralts used Shadow Sneak, Shroomish fainted. “Go Pokeball!” Kalib shouted happily. The Shroomish was caught! “Kalib, that was so cool! I can’t believe you have a Shroomish! I’m so jealous! I’ve heard they’re common in the Hoenn region, I plan to go there one day, just to catch a Shroomish!”

They carried on walking towards the east exit of the Forest to reach Huftville.