Chapter 1

In the quiet town of Appleton in the Decoh region, a young boy was waking up to his last day at home. Kalib had been putting off travelling around the Decoh region for 5 years. Instead he studied at the Pokemon School and tried to learn as much as he could about Pokemon from his sister, Lucy. She was older than he was and had set out for her journey when she was 10. She was now 20, and Kalib was 15.

Lucy always sent her Pokemon to live on their farm with her family. The farm was huge, which was a good thing too as Lucy had caught a lot of Pokemon from lots of places in her 10 years as a Pokemon trainer.

Kalib never really knew where she was or what she was up to but he knew she loved it. She urged him to go on his own journey and finally he agreed. Lucy had decided to give Kalib one of her own Pokemon that she’d hatched from eggs for his first Pokemon.

“Lucy said you can have 1 of these 3 Pokemon, Kalib.” His mum said laying the 3 Pokeballs on the table. One by one his mum released the Pokemon from their Pokeballs. In front of him stood 3 very capable looking Pokemon; Ralts, a psychic and fairy type Pokemon, Machop, a fighting type Pokemon, and lastly a Poochyena, a dark type Pokemon.

“Remember, your cousins Amy and Stefan will be over later to choose their Pokemon from the remaining ones, so choose wisely!” Kalib’s mum continued. Kalib knelt down and looked at all 3 Pokemon. Machop puffed its chest out making it look really tough. Poochyena playfully darted from side to side. Ralts stood perfectly still and smiled contently at Kalib.

“I choose you!” Kalib picked up the Pokemon he wanted and smiled at it happily. He put the Pokemon back into its Pokeball and his mum did the same with the others. “Now Kalib, be careful out there! And if you want to come home at any point feel free to do so. I look forward to hearing all about your adventures! Have an amazing time honey!” With that Kalib picked up his rucksack, hugged his mum goodbye and walked towards the road.

He passed the fields full of all of Lucy’s Pokemon. He’d become really fond of some of them and they seemed to come over to say goodbye to him. Rapidash and Sawsbuck were the first over to say goodbye. They rubbed their faces on him while he petted them. Pidegot, Taillow, Vibrava and Dragonite were next over to say goodbye. Lastly, Vulpix, Phanpy, Seedot, Snover, Minccino and Dedenne came to see Kalib off.

Kalib got his map of Decoh out and decided where to head first. “Satford City.” Kalib muttered. It was two towns away but it was the nearest town with a Pokemon gym. “But to get there I’ll need to head east through Huftville Forest and then through Huftville.”

Kalib started walking east with his Pokemon partner safely in its Pokeball. He turned the corner and finally left Appleton behind. He smiled to himself. He was going to start his very own adventure. After 5 years of delaying it, he couldn’t wait anymore!