Why You Left Part 001

You arrive at the place. The flashes coming from the paparazzi and those from the fansites still incites a slight panic in you. Time may have passed, but you realised how much it still affects you. Sitting in the car, you tell the driver to await instructions you're about to get over the phone.

"Kyung Hoon? Is there another way in to the reception without getting splashed all over the internet?"

"Why? Did you decide to come here after all?"

"I'm helping a friend ask. You know I'd avoid it at all costs for reasons that is not about Kyung Hwa."

"Alright, just tell them to keep driving past the main walkway. After the 2nd lane, turn into the 3rd lane, and keep driving straight until you can't anymore and take a left. They will see the back entrance."

The driver heeds the instructions and no wonder he didn't say how the back entrance looked like. It had a grand stairwell that was also decorated with peach roses and ribbons. You walk up the stairs, careful not to trip over the long hem of your dress. As you reach the top of the stairs and enter, you see Kyung Hoon striding towards a door. Quickening your pace so that you end up right behind him just before he opens the door, you let out a very soft "Boo." right by his ear.

His reaction is priceless, and since you've already anticipated it, you had your camera ready as you dodged his swing.

"Seems like someone still can't get over jumpscares."

The both of you stand there for a long time, his eyes wide and incredulous.

"Are you okay? Did the cat get your tongue or something?"

"I can't believe this, you're really here. I should have known from your phone call. Kyung Hwa's going to be so excited. She misses you so much."

"I had internal battle for a long time whether to come or not. And honestly, if my flight hadn't been delayed, I wouldn't be here. I booked my flight months ago."

"Well, thank God for that then. Shall we go surprise the bride then?"

Opening up the doors, there's a small entourage around Kyung Hwa as she is getting the final touches to her hair and make up. You hide behind Kyung Hoon, his tall frame concealing you, as the both of you walk up to her. We reach her just as her veil gets pinned in.

"Guess who's here, Kyung Hwa?"

"Who? And it'd be better not be a prank. Not on my wedding day."

Kyung Hoon steps aside to reveal you standing there.

"Do I look like a prank?"

"UNNIE!!!"

"Hello Kyung Hwa ^_^"

She jumps up and gives you a hug so tight the both of you can barely breathe.

"I'm not dreaming right? You're really here!"

"I wouldn't have missed this for the world."

"Kyung Hwa, before you start to catch up with Y/N, mom and dad wanted to give you these in person if they had the chance. They made them specially for you. The girls have their own set to be given to them on their own wedding day too."

He holds up a set of butterfly hairpins that were set in sapphires. The tears immediately springs into her eyes as she gasps at how beautiful they are. Her hair was done up in a half do with flowers entwining around the braids.

"Kyung Hoon, do you mind if I... if I may have the honour?"

"Of course, you're family. I didn't let the girls in yet because, these? There were meant to be their surprise on their own wedding day."