Chapter 20

-Athena-
Three Days Later

I walk into the school wearing one of my favorite dresses from the 20's. Of course Rebekah had asked me to join her in "one last hoorah" as Klaus would put it. We had won. All of the white oak stakes were recovered and destroyed, and our mother was dead, and though it was all great, something seemed off, "Where is Rebekah anyways?" I ask my brother with a frown.

"Probably still getting ready so she can be rejected by the quarterback, yet again," Klaus smiles and glances at Caroline.

"Mm, is that why you're in your best 20's attire? Because you know when you go and talk to Caroline she will shoot you down, once again," I defend our sister, even though she left me here alone with our brother.

"Sorry to butt in, but I was wondering if I could steal baby Mikaelson for a dance," My eyes glue themselves to Damon's and I glare.

"I think not," Klaus warned. Suddenly angered by my brothers obsessive need to control who is good enough for me, I take Damon's hand.

"Good thing it's not up to you," I say and pull Damon to the dance floor. Just my luck, as we begin to spin and boogie, a slow song comes on, "Why did you really invite me to dance?"

"We have very important matters to discuss involving a certain original witch that will not leave Elena alone," Damon whispers, but not low enough that a vampire couldn't hear.

"Impossible, my mother died. Rebekah saw it with her own eyes. I watched Niklaus put her body in a coffin," I insist.

"Well she's back, and Alaric's vampire hating psycho alter-ego is about to be her next target. She's planning on turning him into some type of original. We need your help baby Klaus. We need it bad," He pleads. Rolling my eyes and nod my head, "We sent Matt and Jeremy in to get Elena, but something tells me that they didn't last long."

"If my mother is truly back, she will have been extra cautious as to where she was. It's have to be somewhere of sacred ground. A place she could restore her power to full potential," I groan, "We need a locator spell."

"Well then lets go!" He exclaims and we walk out of the school. As we go to find the car I notice white salt spread across the ground. Out sneaky mother and her barrier traps.

"Witch bitch, she's used some kind of barrier to keep us in. Oh please tell me Bonnie is here?" I ask hopefully, "She can undo the spell."

                          "Let's go find our witch," He smiles and we search the entire school. I look out on the dance floor and spot Bonnie with some other guy dancing.

                          I rip the two away from each other, "I'm going to need a minute of your time."

                             --------------------
-Athena-

       "She's too strong. She must be channeling something to keep me out," Bonnie states.

                     "Our mother, so poetic. The site where I ripped her heart out," Klaus smiles at the memory, "She has to be there. It's how she's powerful enough to keep you from doing a locator spell," He's quite the twisted person, isn't he?