Chapter 5

-Athena-

            "So typical, you'd do anything to see our brothers again. I only wished you would care for me a fraction as much as them," Klaus tsks.

"The only brother who's even remotely cared for me was Kol, now what have you done with them?" I ask impatiently.

"You think that Elijah and I didn't care for you? Athena Lee Mikaelson, I would have done anything to keep you safe and happy. You know I'd never hurt you. Then you betrayed me, therefore betraying our family."

"I was happy before you killed the love of my life and locked me in a cellar."

"Yes for the past 500 years I've been wondering, how did you manage to get out?" He asks.

"None of your damn business is how," I snap, "Now tell me what I need to do to get our family back," I demand.

"We'll first off I need you to point me in the direction of The Mystic Grill. Seems to be a place that Damon and Stefan like. Then we will wait until the time comes tonight, and get ready for the ritual. I'm ready to be a hybrid," Klaus says smiling, "Shall we go?"

Rolling my eyes I lead the way out of Alaric's apartment and down the road towards The Mystic Grill. We enter and find Damon sitting at the bar with Alaric. "Why so glum mates?" Klaus asks and sits next to them. I stand next to his chair.

           Alaric gives him a look and Damon sighs, "Klaus I presume?" He looks up and catches my eye.

         "In the flesh," He turns to Alaric, "Thanks for the loaner mate."

           "Any reason you stopped by to say hello?" Damon asks irritated, "Also any reason why you're spending time with the one sibling that hates you more than I do?"

           "We made a negotiation. Our family for her... help during the ritual. Which by the way is the reason we are here. A little birdie told me that you and Stefan fancy my doppelgänger. Just wanted to make sure you don't do anything you'll regret."

           "Haha, I don't suppose I could talk you into a postponement by any chance?"

            Klaus laughs darkly and looks at me, "He's kidding, right?"

            "No I don't think so," I say amused by the petty talk between the two.

            "Come on, what's one month gonna do to the whole grand scheme of things?" Damon laughs nervously and I look at him curious as to how he screwed this up.

          "I don't know if my brother was clear enough, but he has everything he needs. The ritual is happening tonight, and if you want to live to see another day, you won't do anything to screw it up!" I scold.

         Klaus hangs his arm around my shoulder, "You heard her. I will personally see to it that your head be chopped off." I brush his arm away.

         "The sacrifice happens in less than four hours. Try not to screw it up before then," I say as we walk away.

                         --------------------------
-Athena-

          "Do you have everything you need?" I ask as we walk to the quarry. That's where the ritual will take place, Elena, the vampire, and the werewolf are already there.

          "Yes we have Jules the werewolf, Jenna the vampire, and Elena the doppelgänger. I have the moonstone, and once the ritual is complete you will be with our siblings again," Klaus says and we arrive.