D A Y T W O

Wednesday, 2nd October - 9:00am

The boy sat in the same booth, at the same time, at the same place as the day before.

Glancing up at the old and battered clock that hung on the cracked ceiling of the wall, he found himself waiting silently, his fingers drumming against the table as he remained in his seat.

Sighing out loud, he rubbed a hand over his tired face. He pondered why he'd even bothered to meet this girl again, let alone wait for her to show up and to him--the chances of that happening were slim to none.

And yet, here he sat; a cup of coffee before him, the heat radiating from the top as it wafted about, barely visibly, into puffy clouds.

Taking another peek at the clock, he sighed for the hundredth time. It was 9 O'Clock, on the dot.

Contemplating whether he should stay or not, he picked up his brown leather journal and black fine tipped pen and stuffed them into his shoulder bag.

Rising up with a feeling of disappointment at the absence of the mystery girl, his gaze shifted to the ground.

The dinging of the bell caused his ears to perk up. The boy gave a curious glance and allowed his eyes to wander.

And there she stood. That same exact, carbon copy of a smile lingering on her rosy lips as her cheeks were tinted as the rest of her was a pale white colour.

Walking towards the boy with a bounce in her step, she slid into the booth, neither of them uttering a word as she pointed to the seat across from her, nodding towards it almost impatiently.

Licking his dry lips, the boy mirrored her actions and sat down, placing his bag next to him as he pulled the leather brown journal of his and placed it neatly onto the table.

"I didn't think you'd come back." He spoke up, causing the girl to shake her head as she quirked a sheepish grin.

Shrugging her shoulders, she leaned forward, resting her head against her palm as her elbow held her upright. "I told you I'd come. Same time. Same place. Didn't I?" She questioned, a teasing look lingering in her eyes.

Nodding in response, she laughed, earning a look of sheer confusion from him. "You don't talk much." She stated. He could tell by her expression that curiosity bubbled within her too...just like it did in him.

"I like to keep to myself." He bluntly replied, an emotionless feeling glinting throughout his facial expression.

Making a clicking noise with her teeth and tongue, the girl leaned back, crossing her arms across her chest as she fidgeted.

Merely observing the way she always moved about and couldn't keep in one place for too long, he could tell that that exact trait was what was going to usher her to leave this town all the more quicker.

"I can tell. But Mr. 'I like to keep to myself' you're going to have to give me more than those ambiguous little sentences you seem to love throwing at me." Humour dripped from each word, not an ounce of sourness or distaste recognised.

She raised a hand, smiling as she ordered two cups of coffee--for her and the boy that sat before her.

"So why'd you come back?" The boy found himself challenging her. Once again, hurling an 'ambiguous little sentence' her way.