Chapter Three: DONT touch anything

I drove downtown in my beautiful car, pulling into the parking garage. That only I have access to I might add. I drove all the way to the top where all my cars were and parked in the spot labeled Audi. When I got this place I labeled each of the spaces so that I would know which car goes where and so that all the keys are in the same spot. I hopped out of the car grabbing my bag from the Frunk. I walked over to the little cabinet that held all of the keys to my cars. There were about fifteen sets of keys. Some were for my sports cars, some for regular lazy days, and some for my muscle cars, two even for SUV's that I owned. Yes I know you might be thinking, why does a nerd have so many cars, and you're also probably thinking that 'oh there her daddy's cars'. I have so many cars because they all were my dads, and I say were, as in past tense because my father was murdered last year. No one knows by who or why, it's still an unsolved, closed case. The police decided that they weren't going to stop looking, but they had other things to deal with, but if anything came up about the case they would tell me.

Saying my dad was rich was an understatement. He was a billionaire entrepreneur. He was the CEO and founder of many companies, from military to insurance to oil. He was a good man and humble, donated to charities and didn't take anything he had for granted. And my mom, I don't really know anything about her, she just dropped me off with my dad after I was born because she was young and wanted nothing to do with any of this. But once a week I get money deposits from and unknown person. So that probably is my mother trying to make sure I'm okay even though she hadn't cared for the last seventeen years of my life.

After my father passed everything, accept his companies, was left to me. He even had trust funds set up for if I ever have children and another account for me for when I turn eighteen. Since I'm an only child, I was left the penthouse I'm staying in right now, all his houses that he had around the world, his cars, and all of his money, which is a lot.

I walked into the lobby of the apartment, I greeted, the rather hot, guy behind the desk, what are those people called, secretary's? I don't know. I greeted the elevator man as I walked into my private elevator that took me all the way to the top floor. The ride to the top was quite long, this is one of the best apartments in the city so how could I complain, it was quite tall and very modern on the outside. On the it had a very classic- modern feel, the walls were white with bright floor to ceiling windows, gold chandeliers hung in the lobby. All the furniture was black but had the classic touches, like the style they were or some had coloured blankets and frilly pillows adorned around the chairs and couches. The elevators were gold on the inside and out. All in all this building was beautiful.

The elevator reached the top floor and I walked out saying one last good bye to the man in the elevator. My house was very big, considering only I lived in it. It was modern, a whole wall of floor to ceiling windows facing out over the big city that is L.A, this was in the living room which is right when you walk in. To the right was the kitchen and dining room, another big glass chandelier hung over the the giant live wood dining room table. The kitchen was its separate room, it had a bar, and island in the middle and and elevator for food to come up straight from the kitchen. To the left, the was a grand staircase that led up to all the bedrooms, mine, the big master bedroom, and another that was the office, still big but not as big as the master, and the last bedroom that is kind of like a closet for me, I keep all of my clothes that I wear everyday in there, while I keep special clothes in my closet in the master.

I walked into the kitchen and was greeted by the butler.

"Oh my god, Bates, I didn't know you were here!" I exclaimed startled. He chuckled at me. He was a good friend to me, he was mid thirty's and a very nice man. I didn't really know much about him though.

"Sorry Echo, I thought you were going to be earlier."

"Yeah I got held up. Did you know that Jesse Taylor now goes to my school with his band of bad boys?" I asked grabbing an apple from the basket.