Chapter Two: I'll let you pick the song

I walked to my third period class, my elective vocals. Thank god, I don't have to do anything because no one wants me too. I just sit at the back of the class, listening to actual music and not the horrid voices of the others in the class. I walked into the music room, it was kind of like a stage room, with tiered seats and a big elevated platform in the middle. I climbed to the top row and sat in the corner. This way could be ignored and couldn't be hit from behind. Being a nerd most people think that they sit at the front and actually listen to the teacher, well they are correct in most cases, but mine. I don't need to listen to the teacher because I'm smarter then them and probably know more about the subject than they do, and I sit at the back so that I can't have pranks pulled on me from behind and so that no one notices that I'm here.

However, I was the first person in the class, always. I greeted my vocals teacher, Mrs. Daniels twin sister, Miss. Daniels, the other was married while this one was not, they were the exact same person, same personality, same appearance and same bright red lipstick. It's kind of funny having both Daniels back to back all year. Twins these days, they're everywhere.

Students piled into the classroom, each saying hi to the teacher, or the boys giving those head nod things that they always do to acknowledge a presence. Some glares were shot my way as people stared and whispered comments to each other, probably about how bad my outfit was, little do they know.....

The students sat in their seats next to their friends, talking, some milling around waiting for the bell to-BING, oh would you look at that, speak of the devil and the devil will come. Yes I did call the bell the devil, and yes I meant it. The students sat down in their seats and listened to the teacher that was exclaiming excitedly about something, some students were eager to find out what it was and some just didn't care. Don't get me wrong I was intrigued but I also didn't care, so I pulled out my phone and earbuds, and started listening to the music that was playing, that music was soon drowned out by squeals of joy and whoops and hollering. I know head phone music shouldn't be drowned out but it's was so I decided to take them and listen to what was such good news.

I looked at the teacher who was explaining not to treat him like he's famous and just to treat him like a normal student. That can't be good. Please don't be Jesse, please don't be Jesse, I chanted in my head. My dreams were soon crushed as the teacher opened the door and he came sauntering into the room. The room erupted into screams again but were silenced quickly by the death glare of the teacher as her students had disobeyed what she had just said. I looked at Jesse, who was staring right at me. Right at ME. My eyes locked with his and he smirked. I rolled my eyes, I should probably stop doing that, but it's a habit around idiots.

"Everyone knows who this is, treat him like regular student, treat him with respect as well." The teacher said then faced Jesse "You can sit where ever you like." She said as the room erupted once again into yelling of 'oh Jesse please sit next to me' and 'hey Jesse you can sit with us'. I looked back at Jesse who looked like he hadn't acknowledged any of them and was still staring at me like I was a prize that he needed. He started walking up the stairs passing everyone that was looking at him and asking for him to sit next to them, he continued up the stairs all the way to the top. All the way to me. Oh god what did I do to deserve this? Why me?

He sat in the seat next to me. I was kind of scared of all of the glares I was getting, sure they've all glared at me before, but not at the same time, all of their eyes, all eighty pairs of eyes were on me and me only. I shrank back in my chair, and stuck earbuds back in wishing the class to be over even though it hadn't even started yet. The teacher clapped her hands together and grabbed the classes attention, but not before they all gave me one last glare for good measure.

"You know rolling your eyes so much might cause some serious damage." A voice from beside me said, a hint seriousness in his otherwise joking voice. I looked at Jesse who was also looking at me, why was he always looking at me. I rolled my eyes, and looked back at the teacher. I smiled at the ironic mess of what just happened. I heard him chuckle, before his face went stoic and brooding, and looked at his phone.