Chapter One: Do you know who we are?

I hesitated in front of the front doors of the school knowing already what was going to happen when I go in, I was going to get shoved against the wall and demanded the homework I owed to the person, or I was going to be tripped, either or, I was going to get hurt. I guess I'll find out.

I opened the door to the school and was immediately grabbed and pushed against the wall. I guess it was the former. Some guy I didn't even know was demanding that I give him the answers to the chemistry test that I aced the week before. I scrambled for the test in my bag and handed it to him and walked off without looking back.

Great start to the second week of senior year, wouldn't you say, well this is how it's been for me for the past eight years of my life. I am Echo Mckenzie, Los Angeles High School's resident nerd, or punching bag or just some to laugh if you're in a bad mood. Like I said I have been bullied, beaten, laughed at, made fun of, you name it's most likely happened to me.  And don't ask why I put up with it, because I don't even know why, I've stopped caring years ago, knowing that no one will help me and that I'm alone. I have no friends because people refuse to drop their popularity statuses being near me, even my fellow nerds refuse me as one of their own.

I took the quickest route to my looker which wasn't even that quick because my locker was on the other side of the school.  As I walked people punched me, tripped- WHOA.

Speaking of... someone had stuck their foot out and I was now on the floor, scrambling to pick up the contents of my bag before they were stepped on, I jumped to my feet and quickly walked off before anything else happened. Ok here is the best part of my day, besides the learning, but anyway this guy, the school's most popular boy, quarter back of the football team, Dean Harring, and the foot ball team are always throwing footballs and things in the hallway, and Dean always 'accidentally' hits we with the ball.

I turned the corner into the hall of doom. I noticed Dean and another guy from the foot ball team, Mark Santos, throwing a ball back and forth like they always are. Dean had the ball as I walked past him. He threw the ball straight for my head, but I ducked just in time for it to miss me and hit Mark right in the groin. I flicked my head around as mark doubled over in pain, "Nice shot Dean, I don't think he'll have children anymore." I laughed and he grunted as I continued walking down the hall to my locker dodging, feet and other body parts on the way there.

I got to my locker and switched my binders for the classes I had today, which were AP Chemistry, AP History, my elective, and gym. All of my classes were pretty easy for me since I have already done the work we were working on and am now in the next units for the classes. My elective though was different. It was Vocals. Don't get me wrong I love to sing and, don't want to toot my own horn or anything, but I think I'm pretty good too. Although in the class I never get the chance to actually sing, since the other students in the class refuse to hear my "screechy" voice, which they don't even know is screechy because they don't let me sing, so I end up just sitting in the back of the class listening to music while writing my own.

I shut my locker door just as the bell rang for class to start, but the blaring noise was soon drowned out by the sound of bloody murder screams. I quickly covered my ears as girls and guys alike ran past me towards the front door. I heard faint screams of 'Jesse Taylor' and 'OMG is that Jesse Taylor'. I uncovered my ears as the screams died down and the hallway emptied, I rolled my eyes at the fan girls and even boys as they surrounded the singer, god I forgot he was coming back today. This is going to be great since attention will be off me and now on him. Silently I thanked home for being here even though I don't really like the guy. He is your typical bad boy, muscled, toned body, dirty blonde hair, blue eyes, you know just generally incredibly good looking. Oops did I just say that? Anyways I'm guessing he is returning after his world tour returning with four other guys, also bad boys that I'm guessing he picked up on the tour and decided to keep around. They were all pretty good looking, they had the same look that screamed 'danger',  one of the boys had bleach blonde hair, one had black hair, one brown and the other oddly had blue hair.