Chapter 38: And I Thought Dora Was The Only One Who Created Awkward Silences

Start from the beginning

They can't even deny it.

"You didn't even deny it," I scoff. "All you did was change the subject. . .And dad you didn't even bother to say anything. So its true?"

"We can't help if we feel that way," My dad frowns.

"Stop talking," my mother glares at him. "We thought it would be best if we spent some time apart not just because it was going to be good for us, but for you too. You have been able to grieve Lilo without us always hovering."

I decide its best if I don't answer so I close my eyes.

"Princess," Josh  says. "Do you want them to leave?"

I think about his question.

I could have them kicked out.

"Are you really not happy to see us?" my dad asks and I open my eyes.

"Of course I'm happy to see you," I say my voice suddenly cracking.

When did I start crying?

Fuck, control yourself Elliana!

"Your my parents and I love you," I tell them tears streaming down my face "but that doesn't mean I'm not angry at you."

"Angry at what?" My mother glares at and thats all it takes.

"At what?!" I yell. "How about I'm angry at the fact that you never let me say goodbye!? You unplugged her without letting me say goodbye! I'm angry because you sent me to another state after she died! I couldn't visit her grave! I couldn't go to her room! I couldn't talk to anyone who knew her! I'm angry because you stopped calling! I'm angry because you told me not to go home for thanksgiving! I'm angry because I didn't just lose my sister, but my parents as well!!"

Fucking shit, my head is feels like it just exploded.

"Princess are you okay?" Josh asks and I shake my head before I close my eyes.

Breathe Elliana.

"We've always wanted was best for you," my dad says and I open my eyes.

"If you wanted what was best for me," I glare at him "you wouldn't have picked a fight with me right now. "

"I'll go get a nurse," Josh says, but I hold his arm tightly.

I don't want to be with parents.

"Don't leave," I look at him and he nods before I close my eyes.

I shouldn't have yelled so loudly.

"Can you go get a nurse?" Josh asks my parents trying his best to be polite, but I can hear the anger behind his words.

"Sure," my dad nods before leaving the room.

"Ellie," my mother speaks, her tone of voice much softer than before.

"I really don't want to talk right now," I say cutting her off  "and don't call me Ellie. My name is Elliana."

"Lilo use to call you Ellie, all the time" she says.

A Bet With The DevilsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara