Chapter Nineteen

Silverfrost lead the border patrol. Her patrol had Ambermoon, Cherryfall and Sparkpaw. She slowed down so the mento and apprentice took the lead and walk next to Ambermoon.
      "Do you ever think about your kits?" Silverfrost murmured.
      Ambermoon's ears flattened. "Of course, almost every day," she whispered.
      "Do you feel any regret that they all died?"
      Ambermoon turned toward her and starred into her eyes. "No, I do wish they could have all grown up with me in Thunderclan, but sometimes things just can't be," she then turned and looked forward.
      "Did you have names for them?"
     Ambermoon looked up toward the sky. "I named the first tom Sunkit. The two she-cats Moonkit and Starkit. And..." She gave a small sigh," and the last tom... Bravekit."
      Silverfrost touched her tail to Ambermoon's shoulder to comfort. "Those are great names..."
................
      Silverfrost settled next to her mate. "Leaffall is here," she meowed.
      He looked up." How do you know?"
     "The trees are starting to change and prey are starting to stalk their burrows with nuts and plants,"
    "Oh... Well I hope the clan can support Lilyheart and her unborn kits this Leafbare."
     Silverfrost nodded. Lilyheart had just moved into the nursery, expecting Snowbush's kits.
     Fernsong licks her ear. "I can't waiy to have our own..." He murmurs in her ear.
     Silverfrost pauses. "I hope not any time soon. Both my littermates had kits young."
       "That's fine with me, we can wait until Darkclan has settled down or has been delt with."
        Silverfrost nodded and pressed herself against him. "I do wish Ambermoon's kits had lived. I would have loved to have some young kin in the clan,"
         "You might soon have some," Fernsong relied.
     Silverfrost turned toward him "what?"
      "Dovewing has been looking plump lately,"
       Silverfrost turned to look over where Dovewing was eating. "How could she be expecting kits? She's not mates with Bumblestripe anymore."
       "Well, maybe they will be soon. Those two have been spending alot of time together the last few moons."
      "I'll go ask my mother. Maybe she'll lnow what's going on with her sister." Silverfrost stood to her paws and walked over to her mother.
       "Do you know what's up with Dovewing lately?" Silverfrost asked.
      "No? Why?" Ivypool questioned.
      "Fernsong pointed out that she has been looking plump lately and that she and Bumblestripe have been spending time together."
      This seemed to catch Ivypool's attention. "I'll go talk with her," she meowed getting to her paws. Silverfrost returned to where her mate sat.
.....................
      Cinderheart returned with her patrol looking mad. "There is Darkclan scent all over the beach. We ran into a Windclan patrol and they also said they had plenty of scent on there territory too!"
       Silverfrost gave a sigh. She hated the idea of Darkclan. The clan that took her remaining litter mate in her clan. Now he was leader and went by the name Eagleshade. Soppously he had nine lives like a normal leader, but they weren't from Starclan.
       Silverfrost walked over to her mother. "If you had to fight Eagleshade would you?"
     Ivypool paused. "Of course. He choose to leave this clan for another. He is more of a traitor then your sister. At least Ravenheart had a reason to leave. His reason is only for power." She growled.
      "So if Ravenheart attacked you would also fight her?"
     "Of course. Clan before kin. If Bramblestar had to fight Tawnypelt would he? Of course!"
      Silverfrost nodded her ears flattened. Ivypool sighed giving Silverfrost a lick between the ears. "I know it may be hard but... Sometimes you have to do what is right and not what feels right,"