Chapter Three

Ivypool stood quickly licking Silverkit. Silverkit tried to squirm away but Ivypool held the kit in place. Silverkit's two siblings had already been washed.
     A yowl announced the start of the ceremony. Ivypool quickly finished and nosed her kits toward the center of the clearing. Silverkit glanced back to see Sorrelkit, Fernkit and Hollykit race out of the nursery to see what all the commotion was about. At two moons old they were starting to become a pawful.
      Silverkit settled down next to Ravenkit. Silverkit could see Eaglekit's tail flicking with nervousness.
     Bramblestar stood in front of the three kits looking down at them.
     He started off the ceremony. "From this day forward you will be know as Ravenpaw. Your mentor will be Cherryfall."
      "From this day forward you will be known as Eaglepaw. Your mentor will be Mousewhisker."
       The he turned to Silverkit. Excitement made her pelt bristle. "From this day forward you will be known as Silverpaw. Your mentor will be Lilyheart."
    Silverpaw turned torward her new appointed mentor, excitement showing from the flicking of her tail.
Lilyheart lowered her head and touched noses with Silverpaw.
   The clan then chanted their names," Ravenpaw, Eaglepaw, Silverpaw!"
    Silverpaw joined her siblongs next to their mother whos eyes were lit with pride. "You three better join your mentors, I think their planning to show you the forest today," Ivypool purred to her kits as she gave all three a lick between the ears.
     The three raced across the clearing toward their awaiting mentors.