12 | No Waiting

Beginne am Anfang

The little girl curled up into her father's shirt, her head resting over his heart as she slowly fell asleep.

Sam walked into the room, trying to be quiet as his eyes landed on the sleeping little girl. "How's she feeling?" he asked softly, lowering himself into the chair beside the sofa.

"Crappy." Dean sighed, continuing to try and soothe the girl in his arms as she slept. "I'm worried about her."

"Maybe it's just the flu." Sam suggested, though his tone didn't sound any less concerned.

"Yeah." Dean said, brushing some of Natalie's hair from her eyes. "Are you sure they didn't have anything open for today?"

Sam shook his head. "I asked three times. They're all booked up."

"Yeah, well, I don't give a damn about they're stupid appointments." Dean grumbled. "I'm worried sick over here, Sammy."

"Well, the only other option is to take her to the ER and I think that would just freak her out." Sam said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Not if we're with her.." Dean said, raising his eyebrows. "Get your coat." he said, being careful not to wake his daughter as he stood up and held her in his arms.

"Dean, come on. You really can't wait?" Sam questioned, arching his eyebrow.

"Sam, Natalie has never been this sick before and I don't know what else to do to make it better. I'm not waiting." Dean said as he grabbed his coat and Natalie's.

Sam sighed, nodding in understanding. "Yeah, alright." he said, getting to his feet and grabbing his coat. "I'll call Bobby."

"Will you drive too?" Dean asked, tossing his brother the car keys as he slipped Natalie into her coat.

Sam's eyes were wide at his brother's request. He never asked him to drive. He must have been seriously concerned. "Yeah, sure."

Natalie stirred at the movement and whimpered softly. "Daddy?"

"Shh, it's alright, baby girl. I'm just getting your coat on. Uncle Sammy and I are going to take you to see a doctor, okay? You're gonna be all better soon."

Natalie sniffled. "Is it the purple one?"

Dean's brow furrowed. "What?"

"My jacket. The pink one doesn't match my pajamas. I want the purple one."

Sam couldn't help but crack up at the little girl's request, and Dean grinned ear to ear.

"Yeah, baby. It's the purple one."

"Okay, good." Natalie said, wrapping her arms around her father's neck and letting him scoop her into his arms. "Thank you, Daddy."

"You're welcome, baby girl. I've got you." Dean said softly, rubbing her back.

Natalie tucked her head into the comfort of her father's neck, inhaling the familiar scent of gasoline and car polish. It wasn't long before she was drifting off to sleep, her father's heartbeat lulling her.

_

A/N- I don't really know how to feel about the ending to this, but I tried, so I hope you enjoyed!

Thanks for being patient with me! Thank you for reading! ❤️

Much love,
нαу∂єи ☕️

Much love,нαу∂єи ☕️