"Umm, where's Seth?" I asked.

"Shower." He stated simply.

"Why am I still here if you guys were all up?" I asked.

"Because he demanded you rest and I wasn't in the mood to argue." He sighed.

"Why?"

"Something about you receiving bad news." He shrugged, as he continued to type still.

"And you're here, why?"

"Told you, I'm just not in the mood."

"Why?"

"What is it with you fascination for the word why? It's like we're playing a 5 year olds game of 21 questions." He said tiredly as he rubbed his temples.

"I'm curious at your sudden mood change." I said defensively. He finally looked at me and let out another sigh before explaining.

"I'm simply tired. These past few days have been a little rough, no dramatic and I haven't been getting much sleep. That's all." He said.

"If there's anything I could do, I'd more then happy to help. I mean it is the least I can do seeing as I took part in most of the drama." I said in hopes of being able to help Josh. He's a really busy guy and for a guy his age that doesn't seem really natural.

"I don't think so. The best way you can help me is by looking out for my little brother. He's been through a lot more then me so just stay by his side." He said with a slight smile.

"Okay. So you're here because you wanted to take a break from work to...work?" I asked glancing at his computer.

"Pretty much. I had some files from the hospital to go through so I decided to sit at home and let Alec deal with the little demons." He said causing me to put a hand over my heart in mock hurt before saying defensively, "Hey, we're not that bad."

"That's like saying Roseanne Barr's version of the national anthem wasn't that bad." Seth pitched in sarcastically as he walked in giving me one of those, 'You don't actually believe that' faces while drying his damp hair with a towel, still wearing nothing but a pair of baggy sweatpants. I blushed a bit seeing his exposed chest before quickly composing myself.

"Wow. That bad?" I asked.

"Yep." He said simply continuing to dry his hair. That's when I noticed a new bruise on his cheek.

"That bruise is new." I pointed out causing Josh to look up from his papers again and quickly to look over at him.

"It's not serious. It was just a misunderstanding... I think." He said mumbling the last part just loud enough for me to hear.

"You think?! Who did that?" I asked as I walked over to get a closer look at the bruise.

"I texted you about this yesterday but then we had received more important information and I didn't want to bring it up again." He said causing me to hug him tight.

"What could be more important then your well-being?" I asked holding his fragile little body against my own.

"Chris." He answered simply causing me to freeze. I didn't want to think about him but I knew I'd have to. Someone would have to be there for him and I'd be there for him.

"-ren! Darren!" A voice called breaking me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I asked looking over towards Josh.

"What is he talking about?" He asked giving me a stern look.

That's when I remembered the text I had gotten. My father had hit him! "Shit, I forgot. I'm so sorry Seth. I swear I'll talk to my dad and get him to apologize."

"What are you guys talking about?" Josh asked again this time more demanding.

Seth's POV~

"Remember I had spent the night at Darren's place... his parents came home early from their trip and started freaking out. Well, his dad freaked out while his mom tried to calm him but before I knew he was screaming at me to get out and his fist collided with my face, leading me to run to the park to find Chris. He was acting weird and when Darren finally showed up he told us what was wrong." I said quickly but stuggled to finish up the story.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked looking more worried now which surprised me. I thought he hated him.

"He... Chris has cancer." I said just loud enough for him to hear. I looked over to Darren who wore a pained expression along with my brother.

"That's why he had less energy... why didn't he tell me. I would've taken it easy on him during practice..." Josh shook his head like he was refusing to believe any of this but when his eyes started to water he knew there was no denying the truth. "How long?"

"My guess is not long." Darren said quietly.

Josh nodded his head before he walked away from all his work and went back into his room which made me start to wonder why Josh was taking this so hard...

SO HERE IT IS HOPE YOU LIKE! SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG!!! LEAVE ANY COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS BUT MOST OF ALL A VOTE!