It's You

It's You

Chapter 21

(Seth's POV~)

Going back to school wasn't really that hard. Music class on the other hand was. I knew Mrs. Owens wanted to know what I'd be performing at the upcoming concert and I was already nervous just thinking about what it's going to be like playing that song.

"Seth! You're back!" Mrs. Owens stated happily as she walked over to me. "I'm glad to see you're alright now."

"Me too. I wanted to discuss the concert." I bit my lip nervously as she looked up at me surprised.

"Of course. What is it hun?" She smiled as she sat down and folded her hands on her knee. Darren came up behind me giving me a reassuring pat on my back on the way to his seat while I took a deep breath.

"I'll play the song....but I need to borrow the room privately to practice if I could?" I looked down at my shoes letting a breath out.

"Of course!" She clapped excitedly and got up to put her hands on my shoulders. "I'm so proud of you for deciding on this piece again!"

I felt my face flush but nodded my head and shyly went to my seat by another smiling face. "No comment from you." I mumbled.

"I'll hold the comment until after the performance. That way I can kiss you too." He smiled grabbing my hand.

What was this boy doing to me? I just listened to whatever was happening in class after that, I felt happy to have gotten this far. The bullying was stopping and I had the guy I loved beside me through it all. It wasn't over yet of course. I knew his father was going to be a problem and I'm sure others will be too but this time I would be holding his hand through it all.

After class Darren walked me to my class ignoring any snarky comments from the other students. I knew they bothered him a bit so when he wasn't looking I glared at the assholes. That made them shut up for a bit. I wasn't going to let people hurt him the way they hurt me even though he was more then capable of taking care of himself.

"So will I be joining you for this piece you're going to be doing?" Darren asks flirtatiously smirking down at me. "I am curious to what all the fuss is about it."

Ah. Right. He'd heard me play a while back when we were younger and had asked to meet me but at the time it was a strictly private practice so he couldn't find out who it was. I had completely forgotten to tell him about it. "You should know. You heard it when we were younger." I tilted my head as his eyebrows gathered to the middle, confused.

"I don't remember...." He sighed giving up after having thought about it for a minute. I frowned a bit as he went on, "Only one I can remember is the one that got me into the piano even though I suck. I wanted to meet that person but I never heard it again so I had no way of knowing who they were."

I blushed a bit at his confession but he didn't pay attention as he was recalling the memory. I couldn't help but smile at his oblivion. "Well maybe you'll hear it again someday." I smirked.

This made him look down and smile at the possibility. "Maybe. But I don't want to hear it anymore." He smiled as I tilted my head again and he wrapped his arm around me to kiss my head. "I only want to hear you play. Forever and ever no matter how annoying it gets I'll love it just like I love you."

I blushed madly and quickly looked down only to have his free hand catch my chin and pull it back towards him to plant his lips against mine. Of course it wasn't a long kiss since we were still in the hallway with the 'children' gawking at us. That's right gotta keep it pg for the little ignorant bystanders. I smiled against his lips and pulled away to see his face matching my own. Yeah we were really happy right now.