Truth

Truth

Chapter 9

I pretty much hung out in my room all night silently crying, doing nothing but staring at the ceiling while blasting 'False Pretense' by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus in my ear until I could no longer hear myself think and kept at it all night. I never slept, just cried and blasted my music then it was time to go to school. I heard a knock on my door so I wiped my eyes and walked over to open it to find Alec standing in front of me.

   "Hey, came to pick you up again. Hope you don't mind." He smiled softly but I could tell he needed to ask something.

   "And...?" I gestured for him to get on with whatever it is he didn't ask.

   "I was a bit worried after yesterday..." He stared at me with a soft and tender look on his face.

   "I'm fine. Just a little problem at school." I said unconsciously running my injured hand through my hair revealing it to Alec. 'Shit!'

   "What happened to your-" He started before I interrupted him.

   "Look I already talked about this with my brother. I would prefer not to talk about it again. So don't ask questions." I glared through my tired swollen eyes.

   "Alright, don't tell me. Just know I'm here if you need to talk about it." He said as I nodded. "Well, I'll let you get dressed."

   I nodded again and walked over to my bathroom to take a shower and brush my teeth. Then walked back into my room with a towel around my waste and looked for something in my closet. I grabbed a plain white t-shirt and a dark blue jacket to go with my black jeans and dark blue BOB's. Once I finished getting dressed I brushed my hair to the side, grabbed my bag and phone then walked out to find my brother sitting next to Alec with a serious look on his face.

   "Aren't you supposed to be at work early today?" I asked showing no emotion.

   "Yes but today I'll be going to your school. You won't tell me what happened so I am finding out for myself." He spoke calmly.

   "I told you to let it go." I glared.

   "I know exactly what you told me. But lately you're coming home with injuries and it seems to be changing you. You're breaking down more and haven't been smiling. I am getting tired of sitting around and watching this happen. So I talked to my boss and I'll be working part time at the hospital in the mornings and coaching the soccer team after school until the end of June." He said as he looked over at Alec and continued. "Alec has agreed to helping me out until the other coach gets back from maternity leave."

   "What in the hell are you thinking Josh?! I don't need any help I can take care of myself! I told you to just leave it alone! And you! You agreed to this?!" I shouted at them both.

   "Seth..." Alec starts but then looks at his hands and played with his fingers nervously.

   "You know what... I don't have time for this. I need to get to school. You idiots do whatever the hell you want not like you were ever going to listen to me." I glare at them both making them flinch before I threw my book bag over my shoulder and left. I ignored their yells and walked faster to school. When I arrived I saw Darren and Chris laughing about something, I walked past them and went to my first class. I saw Mrs.Owen's there with a form.

   "Seth!" She shouted excitedly.

   "What?" I mumbled with a scratchy voice.

   "I went to this benfit and they have a national competition coming up and I thought you should compete in it."