Chapter 28: Muted

Start from the beginning

++++++

Scott and Stiles were heading for the lacrosse field to try and make the morning practice before school while Sabrina followed after them. 

Anyone that wanted to be on the lacrosse team this season would be there so they had to go. Last season didn't exactly finish off well for either Scott or Stiles. Scott had actually made co-captain but had been benched due to his low grades while Stiles rarely played and was mostly benched. To say that there was a reason to doubt their status for this season was an understatement.

"Well, of course you're still the team captain. You got your grades up just like Coach told you to, right?" Stiles asked Scott as the three stepped onto the field.

"Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team. He just told me to show up at tryouts today." Scott answered. 

"We got bigger things to deal with anyway." said Sabrina. "She's right. Did you tell Argent yet?" Stiles asked. "I texted him but he didn't get back to me."

Stiles and Sabrina narrowed their eyes at him. "Wait, hold up." said Sabrina. "You told him his sister Kate came back from the dead over a text?" Stiles asked. 

Scott just shrugged his shoulders. "I didn't have the money to call France." "He's right," Sabrina pointed out. "Yeah, you two think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House." Just one of the many other messes that the Nogistune left for Stiles to try and mull through.

Sabrina grabbed his hand and rubbed her thumb across his knuckles. "Another notice?" she asked. "Yeah, this one said final," he groaned out. "What the hell are we even doing here anyway? We got like 117 million problems and worrying about our status on the lacrosse team is not one of them," he stressed out.

Scott shook his head but his eyes zeroed in on the field. "It is now." 

The three of them looked and saw that there was someone in front of the goal and was having lacrosse balls chucked at him by two players. However, he was catching each and every one of them. Not a single one was getting through.

"Who the hell is that?" Stiles asked. He didn't recognize that guy.

After the players ran through their balls, the goal keeper went and took off his helmet revealing that he was a younger kid, probably a freshman. He had a confident smile on his face as he looked over at his friends.

"Nice Liam," one of them, that they remembered was called Garrett, said to him. "You just might be our first ever freshman captain.

Scott and Sabrina's eyes widened at that one as they saw other players nodding in agreement. 

Sabrina tapped Stiles and Scott's shoulders. "Maybe you two should practice." she suggested. Stiles nodded. "Maybe we should practice a little bit." 

Scott nodded before he and Stiles went off for the field.

++++++

Malia walked into math class but froze when her eyes fell on the board. It was littered with complex equations that she couldn't even begin to make sense of. One look at all of it and Malia was starting to back out of the doorway back into the hall. She was ready to move out but she was grabbed and handled back into the classroom by Stiles and Sabrina.

"Running is not going to help," Sabrina said as she and Stiles marched Malia inside.

"I hate Math. It's pointless," she told them.

"It's school. School is important and math is essential," Stiles said to her as he and Sabrina brought them to their seats next to Lydia.

Malia was skeptical. "To what?" "Knowing how much to tip at restaurants," Stiles told her.