|28|

To hate 

is an easy lazy thing

but to love

takes strength 

everyone has 

but not all are 

willing to practice

~rupi kaur 

***

"Jay get in here!"

Jay and Stephen quickly raced within the room, alert to danger.

Jay gasped when he saw Grace.

She was white- whiter than white. Her face was dark in some areas, as if she had been punched. Her eyes were red- burst from screaming so loud. And her whole body was wet. Wet from sweat and exhaustion.

"Take them," Daisy quickly handed Jay and Stephen each a warm crying bundle wrapped within pink clothes.

"We need to save Grace," she rushed back to Grace, hooking up tubes and different equipment to her while Doctor Schulman fanatically raced to get more medicine.

John sat, slumped in his chair as he watched his mates shallow breathing.

"She's dead," he whispered, his hand clutching his chest.

Daisy slapped John so hard, Jay was surprised he hadn't fallen from his chair.

"Shut up or leave, either way you're not helping," she growled. Her eyes shone brighter and her pulled back hair was coming out in small strands, but in that moment she was a sight that left Jay shivering.

Stephen motioned for Jay to follow him across the room as they placed the small bundles down next to each other.

"Two girls," Jay whispered.

He wondered briefly if John would be upset that he didn't have a male.

"She told me she wanted us to name them," Jay looked at Stephen in surprise, "I don't think she thought she would make it." Tears began to form in Stephen's eyes as Jay felt his own come. He embraced Stephen and pulled away to cast a glance at Grace. He shuddered and quickly looked away. He didn't want to see his best friend like that.

"She will make it. Daisy and Doctor Schulman are with her," Jay said, hoping his voice sounded strong enough for Stephen.

Stephen nodded and looked at the little girl that had been given to him.

"I think...Quinn. I've always liked that name," Stephen whispered. He turned to Jay waiting for his own name choice.

Jay liked the distraction as he ignored the scrambled sounds behind him and focused on the small child that squirmed in front of him.

He watched her, looking for clues that might lead to a possible name.

"Lilah," he said.

Stephen nodded, "a good choice." He sighed then, "now we just have to make sure we don't get them mixed up."

Jay smiled and glanced back at Grace. His smile faltered when he saw Daisy pulling out a defibrillator.

"Clear!" Doctor Schulman yelled before Daisy pressed it to Grace's chest.

Graces body shot forward as Stephen moved closer to Jay, tears leaking down his face.

"Clear!"

Another shock tore through her.

"Clear!"
The room was silent as Daisy's weary eyes watched the monitor Grace was hooked up to.

The thin line beeped once, then twice as a faint rhythm of a heart beat picked up.

Daisy sighed and slumped down in the nearest chair.

Doctor Schulman collapsed where he was at and sobbed, his hands pressed into his face to hide his tears.

"Atta girl," Daisy whispered, stroking a stray piece of hair out of Grace's face.

Jay looked around and saw with sad eyes, that John was not in the room. 

I've been working on Moon Child (hahaha I thought I was finished buuuutttt) the story is going to be longer and I'm adding some chapters to the ending (what will happen! gasp!) 

So now I'm not really sure how many chapters in total this will be, but hang in there with me guys. You all have been so amazing and supportive as I post these updates, and I just want to take some time out to tell ya'll this *throws flowers in your general direction

Until next time, 

Loves, 

/////WORLD_JOY_/////