|25|

She remembered who she was

and the game changed. 

***

Even with Daisy's outburst, Lewis was still called.

His pack was four hours away but he departed immediately when he heard.

Stephen and Jackson stood at the edge of the forest, looking out into the woods.

"Do you think she will be able to do it?" Jackson asked.

Stephen glanced at Jackson before peering back into the woods. "She is moon blessed," was all he said.

The two men, together waited. For what they did not know. But they waited.

***

Daisy walked through the woods.

She felt the pull to Jay, much as how she felt the pull towards the moon. She knew where to go.

He had run far.

Probably as far from her as he could while still being in pack lands.

She walked for a long time, not taking note of the scenery around her- instead focusing on Jay. On the pull towards him.

She emerged into a clearing. There was a thin meadow with a lake in view. It contained the full sound of birds chirping, and held the beauty of nature as the water reflected back the sun's rays.

Daisy paused and examined the land. She smelled the air, trying to find Jay's scent.

Nothing.

She walked further in when she suddenly realized something.

The birds had stopped in their song.

The clearing was silent.

Daisy turned around startled but was too late. A huge form was already on top of her, looming over. She gasped at the size, as the beast towered over her figure.

The teeth were deformed and sharp, the head and much of the body had bald patches, showing thick black skin underneath the already black fur. The claws were long and angular, curving outwards from the standing figure. Daisy could not even tell how this creature was Jay let alone a wolf.

But his eyes. The golden eyes ringed with red held her.

The creature growled at her, as he glared down. The sound brought Daisy back to her purpose. She had to save Jay. She would get her mate back.

Without warning the creature lifted his head and roared, a sound that was blood curling and grotesque. Birds escaped from the trees, fleeing from the noise of the monster.

He swung out, his claws searching for her flesh. Daisy felt the pulsing power of the moon inside her. The pureness of her mother as she settled within her chest. She took comfort in the power and let it transcend over her.

She dodged out of the way of the claw, but did not have time to avoid the second one that came from behind. A scream of pain left Daisy's mouth as it raked down, causing her blood to spill.

"Jay! Jay It's me!" She screamed at him, willing him to recognize her voice and presence but the monster had taken control of his mind.

She recklessly latched onto his arm. The monster screamed at her contact, and swung around, trying desperately to get her off. She clung on though, and felt the air leave her as he threw her to the ground. She kept her vice grip though.