|14|

Love her, but leave her wild

***

Life at the pack continued on. Days turned into weeks and the weeks soon turned into a full month since Daisy's arrival.

John was helping out now, though he did small things, it was help that Jay desperately needed. He suspected Daisy and Grace had something to do with his Beta's sudden change of mind.

That was just one of the many things Daisy had done for Jay. He didn't even realize he needed her until she had come in, like an earthquake- shaking lose everything around her.

He noticed how the males were treating him. He had always seen how mated males were hostile towards him. Having a mate now himself he could see why. But it had caused him grief that there was a part of his pack that did not trust and like him. However with Daisy's arrival, there had been a change of heart in them also. They approached him more, talked to him, and asked him his opinions in some of the smallest things such as the weather or about distant packs. At first he felt very uncomfortable with the new attention, but Daisy was by his side the first few times, creating a friendly atmosphere with her quirky self and causing the men to laugh and ease up.

Jay didn't know how she did it.

Starting the second month she was there, there was a great celebration for the females and males that had been sterile within the pack. No more now. Daisy and her moon blessed eyes had let the moon goddess herself look down at the suffering of those who wanted to see a new life come because of them. Their wish was granted.

And Grace. Jay sighed with relief every time he heard Daisy say she was getting better, stronger and had a higher chance of surviving with her pups. Grace now glowed like any expecting mother should. She wore lose fitting skits and dresses now- her stomach so much bigger with the expectance of twins.

The month had passed and it had been a good one in Jay's opinion.

He sighed as he settled down in the chair, pulling Daisy closing to him. She had found him on the back porch of the pack house doing some paper work while watching the sun go down and the fall leaves rustle in the wind.

"Hey hot stuff," she said as she crawled onto his lap, snuggling their closely to his chest.

Jay's heart swelled. He wondered if it was possible for it to combust out of his chest. He just couldn't get over the fact that this females was his mate. His.

She was asleep now. He watched the soft breaths as they went in and out. Jackie came out then and smiled down at the two.

"I brought a blanket," she said softly, cloaking the two in a warm red blanket.

"Thanks Jackie," Jay said, giving her a small smile.

Jackie nodded before turning back inside the pack house.

"That was nice of her."

Jay looked down and smiled, "I thought you were asleep," he said.

"No," she giggled, "I just wanted to stay as long as I could."

The two smiled at each other before Daisy snuggled back into Jay's chest.

"What are you thinking?" her muffled question came up to his ears.

"How lucky I am," Jay said, leaning down to kiss the top of her head.

Daisy gave a content sigh.

"I was thirteen when I started traveling."

Jay looked down startled, but Daisy kept her eyes closed and body relaxed as she continued with her story.