Chapter 28

Angela POV

No... I-It can't be true.... My brother....

I stumble back, placing my hand on my chest. Trying to calm myself from the deep dark hole that I'm about to fall into.

"He got shot multiple times. Too much blood loss. He was barely alive when the guards took him. One of our man rush him to the hospital quietly but it was too late."

I grip my head with both my hands, staring at the floor wishing that this is all just a dream.

"Where is he now?"

"They just continue bringing him to the hospital. Everything will be handle there."

I slowly started to feel the pain sipping into my chest. Getting tighter every second, my whole body feels warm. Too warm.

Lowering to the floor, covering my mouth with both my hands. I try to block the sound of cries that about to erupt out of me. The feeling of holding it in was too much. My throat hurts and I bite my lip hard that I can taste a metallic flavor on my tongue.

"So, what now boss?"

"What now what?"

"I mean Angela... he is her brother after all. When do we tell her?"

My hands are wet from my tears that pours out like crazy. A small sound of whimpers in my throat become louder. I try to hold it in but once the door slam opens with Angelo looking down on me. That's when I let go of everything.

I hug my own body and my head falls forward with my eyes close. My chest felt so tight that I feel like I can't breathe properly. Hurt, sorrow and regret surrounds me.

Hurt, because I didn't treat my brother nicely when we first met after years.

Sorrow, because I won't have any family like I used to before. A shoulder to lean on.

And regret, because I didn't get to spend time with him one last time...

Rocking my body back and forth. My tears continue to fall and my heart starting to crack. It's going to crumble any second now and I don't know what to do after this.

"Angela, That's enough. You can't change anything now." Angelo said and my heart stops then I quickly lift my head.

"Enough? Change?! I have lost a dear b-brother! A brother who I just r-remembered a few days ago! A-And this is how you act?! Like nothing is wrong?! How could you!" I yelled at him, standing up and punch his chest over and over again.

"Angela, stop." Charles said from beside him and he grab both my arms, stopping me.

"Let go off me!! I hate him! Let me make him feel what I feel right now! I want him to feel this pain I'm having! The torture I'm getting and how it felt to not be able to spend time with someone you care one last time!" I yelled and trash against Charles as he wraps his arms around me tightly.

Kicking my legs and shaking my body, I try to pry off from him but he was too strong. I feel myself getting weaker before I fell limp, giving up. I hiccupped and cry in his arms then he puts me down to the floor, where I sit and hugs my knees to my body.

"I'm s-sorry... I'm sorry... Angelo... I am so sorry... p-please forgive me... I-I didn't mean to hurt you. It's just... It's just..."

I couldn't form any words. My mind went blank and the only thing I could do now is cry and cry and cry and cry...

"Angela..."

A deep voice said quietly before warmth surrounds me like a blanket. I feel my hair getting brush slowly and my arm being gently caress.