Chapter 8

Angela POV

I stare into his dark eyes and gulp nervously.

"Angel... Come here." Roman called for me and glare at the two men beside me.

I feel Lorenzo push me towards him and my immediate reaction is backing away then tugging at his arm.

A flash of anger pass Roman's eyes and he walk to me slowly reaching his hands at me.

"Come here..." He said softly and I stare at his hands.

I remember the event happend earlier and can't help ask him for the truth.

"Is....Is it true that you killed Mrs. Ca-Callahan?" I said to him in a small voice and he froze.

My eyes widen in horror and I back away from all of them.

"You did....."

He walk towards me quickly and catch before I fall on the floor.

"Both of you out." He told them and pick me up.

I was too weak to do anything that my legs gave out.

But as he was picking me up, I snap out of my state and try to get away from him but he hold me tight to his muscular body which end up my hands getting squished between my chest and his body.

"Let me go!" I yell at him as he was walking us to the sofa in front of the fire place.

He was quiet the whole time and I keep telling him to put me down. When he sit down with me on his lap, He hold both my cheeks and face me to him. I try prying off his hands but he was strong.

"Enough." He said sternly.

I just keep trying to wiggle my face out of his hands and push on his chest.

"Angel listen. I didn't kill her." He said making me stop all my action.

"What? your lying. They say you shot her!" I said to him and get off his lap standing in front of him.

He sigh and try to hold my hand but I back away and hurt flash his eyes before he grab my hand.

"She killed herself."

"Liar."

"It's the truth!" He snap at me and I got scared stepping back.

He regrets it and pull me closer to him. He massage my hip slowly and I calm down a little but I'm still wary around him.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you but what I said is the truth. She couldn't afford to pay her debts to me so she killed herself by her own choice." He said to me and my eyes glare at him a little.

"L-Liar..... She's a strong women... she wouldn't do that..." I whisper to him and he pull me to his lap with me still a little scared of him.

"I'm sorry Angel."

Mrs. Callahan may treat me badly, but still she doesn't deserve that...He's lying....

I just sniff trying to figure out if he's lying and he rest my head on the crook of his neck. He rock me back and forth in his arms while I sob and his running his fingers through my hair, I feel my tears soak his suit and I breath in his manly scent that unknowingly calms me down.

"I know you killed her, I just know it....." I whisper out and he frozen for the second time.

"Angel I - "

"But I can't find it in me to hate you...." I said and my voice crack in the end.

I pull my face away from his neck and saw wetness covering them.