Chapter 28

ALL RIGHTS TO THE CHARACTERS (except Celeste, she's mine.) BELONG TO THE AMAZING RICK RIORDAN. I DO NOT OWN THE PJO/HoO SERIES!!!

Chapter 28 - Percy

Percy had thought he and his friends had been winning, but obviously, he was wrong.

He was back in his nightmare now.

However, this time, Gaea was in the form of Celeste.

"It's not Celeste, it's Gaea." Percy reassured himself. "And this is just a nightmare."

"Perseus Jackson." Gaea spit in Celeste's voice. "How nice of you to join me."

"Go away." Percy said, putting a threat in his tone.

Gaea laughed. It was a horrid sound and it was no longer Celeste's voice.

"Such power yet so weak. How unfortunate." The goddess said with a sneer.

The ground rumbled under his feet, but Percy held his ground.

Gaea vanished, leaving Percy alone.

"Percy!" Celeste cried.

Her voice sounded distant, a thousand miles away, but she was nowhere to be seen.

The ground split beneath Percy's feet and he fell, grasping for the edges to get out, to get to his sister.

"Percy! Help!" Celeste's voice cried out again.

Anger, fear, and worry overtook Percy.

He struggled to pull himself out of the crevice in the earth. He had to get to her. He had to save her.

His grip began to slip, and he cried out in frustration.

Then, his grip loosened completely and he fell.

All he thought of was Tartarus. He remembered the long fall down the dark pit.

Now, he was falling again. Except this time, he was alone.

He woke up in a cold sweat, his body chained to the ground.

He struggled and the chains made a clinking sound. They didn't budge.

Beside him, in similar chains, was Celeste. She was watching him with worry. When she saw him wake up, she cried out in relief.

"Thank the gods. I thought you were dead. I didn't know what they had done to you. I thought-" Celeste began.

She was interrupted when she burst into tears.

Percy felt terrible for worrying her so much. He wished he could get out of these chains and comfort her.

"Hey, it's okay. It's alright." Percy consoled her. "Where are the others?"

Celeste sniffed and looked at him with tear-rimmed eyes. "I don't know. I think they...killed them."

Percy froze.

"All of them?" Percy asked.

Celeste shrugged, still crying.

"Annabeth." Percy thought. He felt guilty for only thinking about his girlfriend, but he had known Annabeth the longest. She couldn't be dead.

Before Percy could process the thought further, one of the giants came up carrying a long knife.

He had a evil, sickening smile on his face.