Chapter 7

ALL RIGHTS TO THE CHARACTERS (except Celeste, she's mine.) BELONG TO THE AMAZING RICK RIORDAN. I DO NOT OWN THE PJO/HoO SERIES!!!

Chapter 7 - Celeste

The nightmare returned while Celeste was asleep. She was standing on a ledge, holding Percy in her arms.

He was limp and motionless and his breaths were shallow, as if he was having a hard time breathing.

Meanwhile, an invisible wall was shoving both of them gradually towards the edge.

Celeste's grip tightened on Percy as she tried to fight the pushing on her. The drop was far, definitely too far for any chance of survival. But Celeste wasn't worried about herself, she was worried about Percy.

His skin was pale and his black hair was a mess. Celeste's heart hammered in her chest from her pure panic. She had to save him.

During her thinking, the invisible wall had pushed her to where her toes were brushing the edge. Celeste did last minute thinking. She threw Percy behind her and to her surprise, he went through the invisible wall. Celeste tried to follow, but the wall was solid for her.

Suddenly, she felt one last shove from the wall as she lost her footing and fell off the edge.

Celeste awoke in a cold sweat. "It was just a nightmare" she reassured herself. The room she was in was dark accept for the dim lamp on a table in the corner.

She blinked, wondering if anyone was in the room with her. However, she was alone. A warm towel was pressed to her head and she peeled it off. The towel was wet, so she squeezed the water onto her head, instantly feeling better.

The door to the room she was in cracked open. She saw Percy's eyes illuminate in the cold darkness.

"I see you're awake." He said. He walked in and crouched down next to the bed. "Sorry about kicking you by the way." He said.

Celeste cracked a smile. "I think I'm the one who should be apologizing." She said. "Honestly, I'm not your enemy, I'm just confused. So, my instincts took over."

Percy looked at her with concern. "What do you mean you're confused?" He asked.

Celeste cursed herself for speaking. She couldn't tell him how she was his invisible stalker sister. Poseidon would kill her if she told Percy anything.

"I just, don't know how I got here." Celeste stammered. Percy nodded.

"Well, can you at least tell me your name?" He asked. Celeste sighed. She was keeping so much from Percy already. He at least deserved to know her name.

"Celeste. My name's Celeste." She said.

"And that's your real name? Not just some made-up name?" Percy said.

Celeste laughed.

It was a strange feeling, laughing. It had just randomly bubbled up in her throat and she forgot the last time she had actually done it. Then she smiled.

Only Percy could make her laugh like that.

"Yes, that's my real name." She said.

Percy grinned and stood up.

"Well, I'll go get you some breakfast. I bet you're hungry." He said. But before he could turn to leave, Celeste bolted out of bed.

"Wait. Let me go with you. I-I want to meet everyone." She said. Percy hesitated.

"Well, I guess it's alright. Come on." He said. Celeste smiled and followed him out the door.

When they arrived in dining area of the ship, all conversation in the room stopped. Everyone was staring at Celeste.

A feeling of embarrassment developed inside Celeste and she was pretty sure her cheeks were now red.

Percy cleared his throat. "Um, guys, as you know, this is Celeste." He said.

There was a long silence. Annabeth glanced over at Percy, looking concerned as if him standing next to Celeste was a crime in itself.

"So I see you've decided to tell us your name." Annabeth broke the silence.

Celeste nodded.

Even though Celeste had knew all these demigods by following them around, she didn't really know their personalities. She had mainly followed Percy around while she was invisible, she wasn't really interested in the others. Now, she sort of regretted it.

"She can sit here if she wants." A girl said, gesturing to the seat beside her.

The girl had cinnamon brown curls and brown skin. She had a kind smile on her face as she looked at Celeste.

Celeste scanned through her files of names in her head, trying to remember this girl. Then it came to her. Hazel.

Hazel Levesque. This was the girl who had made friends with Percy when he was sent to the Roman camp.

Unfortunately, while thinking, Celeste didn't realize everyone in the room was staring at her, waiting for her answer.

"Oh, um, of course. Thank you Hazel." Celeste said. As soon as she said it, she wished she had slapped herself.

"How do you know my name?" Hazel asked. Celeste blinked.

"Think, THINK!!!!!" Her brain screamed in alarm.

"Uh, well, um..." Celeste stammered.

Everyone's eyes were on her. Not caring, she ran out of the room.

Celeste arrived back in the room she was in earlier, closed the door, locked it, and slid to the floor, panting. She felt her heartbeat in her chest hammering away like a drum.

Sweat trickled down her forehead as she tried to catch her breath. She heard footsteps and then banging on her door.

"Celeste?" A voice called. It was Percy.

Celeste stayed quiet; she wasn't in the mood for any questions.

She couldn't tell them anything, especially not with a daughter of Athena around.

Percy's voice softened to a whisper.

"Celeste, please come out. I swear on the River Styx we won't ask you any more questions unless absolutely necessary okay?" He said. His voice was sweet like honey. He had spoken so gently that Celeste knew she couldn't upset him.

In her mind, she hoped he didn't have a crush on her. It would just be so awkward. He already had Annabeth, and Celeste knew she was no match for that girl. Wait, why was she thinking this?

She wiped away the revolting thought of dating her own brother and opened the door.

"Okay." She said. He smiled and she followed him back into the dining hall where she got no further looks, glances, or questions. In fact, there was no sound except the clattering of silverware and plates.

Celeste noticed the Camp Half-Blood themed windows. She smiled, knowing it was that Hephaestus boy, Leo, who created it. Her eyes darted to him. He was sitting, eating a toast and egg sandwich combination. His brown hair fell in his face and grease and oil stained his skin.

Celeste realized how handsome he was right then. How had she not noticed that before? Leo looked over at her staring and she looked away quickly.

She stared at her plate of eggs, bacon, and toast and sighed. The girl Hazel was sitting next to her and Celeste noticed that the seat Hazel had offered to her used to be that boy Nico's seat.

Celeste immediately felt guilty.

After a while, Celeste was the first one to finish eating, so she excused herself and walked out of the room. As soon as she left, she paused by the door, out of sight from the others, as she heard an uproar of argument.

"Probably talking about me" Celeste thought. She bet they were arguing about whether to throw her overboard or something similar. Not that the water was the worst punishment. In fact, it would probably be the best one.

Celeste sighed and sulked back to her room, feeling more invisible than she'd ever felt in her entire life.