Chapter 3

ALL RIGHTS TO THE CHARACTERS (except Celeste, she's mine.) BELONG TO THE AMAZING RICK RIORDAN. I DO NOT OWN THE PJO/HoO SERIES!!!

Chapter 3 - Annabeth

Annabeth would never admit it, but she was about to slap Poseidon across the face.

She looked over at Percy who was a deathly pale.

"Sister?!?" He screamed. Believe it or not, Poseidon actually flinched.

His eyes widened as if just realizing what he said.

"Did I say sister?" He asked. He seemed surprisingly mortal for a god. "I meant-um-critter! Yes, I need your critter!"

The waves tossed the boat back and forth. Annabeth guessed the waves moved with Poseidon's moods, which now his mood was nervous.

"Critter?" Percy asked, looking at his father in confusion.

The girl who had randomly appeared was still unconscious on the ground. Annabeth realized that Poseidon kept eyeing her.

The she realized what Percy's dad meant. She was about to tell Percy when Poseidon shot her a look.

He probably guessed that a child of Athena wouldn't be fooled by his stupid mess up in words.

Percy looked furious. "What aren't you telling me?" He yelled. That's another thing Annabeth loved about Percy. He yelled at gods and didn't really care.

Anyways, Poseidon was able to convince Percy. He even almost convinced Annabeth.

"I meant another child of mine is missing. And I need you to help me find her." Poseidon smiled.

Percy blinked and scratched his head. "Um...okay."

Poseidon looked relieved. Again, a surprisingly strange mortal emotion for a god.

As sweet as Percy was, he couldn't possibly believe that story. Sadly, he did.

"So is that why you're here?" Percy asked. Poseidon nodded.

The girl on the floor shifted, and Annabeth saw gold blood streaming from her head. Ichor.

Oh my gods. Either the girl was a goddess or a monster, Annabeth couldn't tell. The girl's eyes shot open.
Percy stumbled back as the girl bolted up. Her eyes were wide and she stared at Annabeth's sword.

Slowly, she got up and walked backwards-into Poseidon. She jumped at the impact.

As soon as the girl saw the god though, her fear turned to pure rage. She pulled out a dagger and aimed it at the god's throat. Like that would work. The guy's immortal!

Except, Percy seemed to have forgotten that when he tackled the girl.

The girl screamed, the dagger clattering out of her hand. They both hit the ship's deck floor, fighting each other off.

"Percy, get off of me!" The girl screamed through her gritted teeth.

Annabeth had no idea how the girl knew Percy's name, but she didn't have time to worry about that.

She ran below deck and woke up the others. By the time they all got up to the deck, Percy had Riptide out and was battling the girl.

The girl had a sword. Where she had gotten it, Annabeth wasn't sure.

Suddenly, the girl fell and Percy slashed Riptide across her arm.

Annabeth winced, waiting for the girl to scream. But there was no scream.

Percy's sword went straight through the girl's arm. It didn't harm her at all. She jumped up and shoved Percy to the ground. He collapsed, bewildered and confused.

Annabeth ran to Percy while the others ran for the girl. Poseidon stood aimlessly to the side. Annabeth felt the urge to slap him again.

Jason, Piper, Frank, and Hazel restrained the girl. She was kicking and thrashing, screaming for Percy.

They pulled a rope around her and tied her to the mast. She yelled until she choked and started to cry.

Poseidon stared at the girl with shame. The girl gave him no look, just a blank expression. Suddenly, the sea god's arm was on Annabeth's shoulder.

"Tell him, and it will be the worst thing you ever do." He whispered. Annabeth knew what he meant.

The god shimmered and Annabeth shielded her eyes. When he was gone, she sighed, staring at the girl in the ropes. Percy was staring up at Annabeth and she realized she was sitting on his chest.

She quickly got up as Percy released a gasp of air. He choked harshly.

Annabeth ran her hands through his mess of black hair.

"What did he tell you?" He croaked.

Annabeth held back tears. She couldn't tell him. It would lead to very catastrophic results.

"Nothing." She said.

But she knew anyways. Whoever that girl was, she was no normal whatever she was. And one thing was also for certain. She was Percy's sister.

Daughter of the Sea (Percy Jackson Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें