Chapter 9 - Back to Farm Life

Six months have gone by at the farm and all has been well. Lady has since been put on a leash just in case if her jealousy drives her to take the lives of anymore of the farm animals. My dad and I worked on the shed where Shiva has kept the chicks, turning it into a much larger chicken coop.
The chicks have gotten bigger and are bigger than Shiva. As for Shiva, she no longer resides in the house but instead stands guard at the new and improved chicken coop. I head over to the chicken coop to account for the chickens as well to check up on Shiva. To my surprise the chickens laid 3 eggs today! It's a start but it is good to see that the chicks fulfill their purpose as providers for my family and for the farm.
I was quick to assume that Shiva was a killer. She definitely was a fighter, if anything a guardian. Mayne thats her purpose, and she does a great job at it too. Unfortunately I couldn't find her in the coop. "She must be exploring the farm" I said to myself. She has been roaming around a lot lately. I head back to my room to take a nap since my sisters no longer do my chores for me. They have the new job of making sure Lady doesn't become jealous of any of the animals.
I head up the stairs in the house and go to my room. Im about to fall on my bed when I notice Shiva is laying there looking up at me with her wide emerald green eyes. In between her legs I notice 5 tiny little moving lumps. I move closer to examine and see that the little moving lumps are new born kittens.
"You were pregnant?!" I scream at Shiva. She just looks up at me with her big green eyes. I can't believe it. Lady is definitely going to be jealous when my sisters give attention to these new kittens. "My life is gonna be hell.."

The End
"Achoo!"