Chapter 8 - The Gaurdian

Shiva leaped at Lady biting at her ear, causing Lady to yelp and whimper. Then with the knockout punch Shiva scratches Lady's nose causing Lady to skimp away from the coop and hide her face in shame. That must've been how Lady got her first scratch.
Shiva heads toward the coop and hops over the metal barrier. My dad still confused readies his gun to shoot the cat.
"No no dad! Wait!" I tell my dad. "Shiva didn't kill the chicks. Lady did." My dad gives me a confused look. Shiva hops over the metal barrier, this time with a helpless chick tucked in her mouth.
"You were saying son?" My dad said with a smug. I was confused. Was Shiva only fighting Lady to eat the chick? Shiva gently runs past us and around the house. I run over to the coop and notice that all the chicks are gone. At this point I through my detective skills out the window because I had no clue what was going on. That, and it was one in the morning.
I decided to follow where Shiva was going, it was her path that she would always seem to go when outside the house. As I turned the corner of the house I see Shiva enter an old shed that we had abandoned for a couple months now. My family and I enter the shed. My dad brought a flashlight and we searched the insides of it, trying to look where Shiva went. Then we could hear the chirps of the chick but it was coming from up high. My dad pointed in the direction of a tall cabinet and at the top all of us could see the back and Shiva. We could hear the sweet chirps of the chick as it appeared Shiva was eating the chicks!
"She is the killer of the chicks!" My sisters said as they began to cry, realizing the fate of the chicks and the eventual fate of Shiva. I could hear more than one chirp though. As if this night couldn't get any more confusing, I decided to see what was going on. I borrowed the flashlight from my dad and stabled myself on top of a wheelbarrow.
I shine the light towards Shiva and I am in utter disbelief. Nestled in a bunch of old rags and plastic bags were the chicks and Shiva. "One.. two.. seven! Seven chicks!" I exclaimed to my family. They couldn't believe me. My family came over to witness the peculiar situation. "My goodness!" My mother said in wonder. All of us couldn't believe what we saw. "My guess is that Shiva was protecting the chicks. I found a crack in the kitchen ceiling so she could squeeze out. She musta saw Lady trying to get at the chicks and then decided to protect them and bring them here one at a time" I said with an attitude of confidence.
"Achoo!" I sneezed. I need some sleep.