Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

I should have done something, I should have moved but I couldn't. I froze, my whole body froze, my eyes wide staring at the speeding car.

The car was only a few seconds away from mine and my eyes automatically closed as I waited for the car to hit me. The loud sound of metal colliding with each other filled my ears, but I felt nothing.

I hesitantly opened my eyes and gasped at what I saw in front of me. There was what looked like a naked man standing in front of the speeding car. The car looked like it has smashed into a brick wall and there was smoke coming out from it.

The man leaned over and pushed slightly and the car rolled backwards a little. The man then turned around and looked straight at me. I gasped as I saw his chest, it was bruised and covered in blood.

Did he stop the car...with his body?

I screamed when someone smashed in the passenger's side window, the glass spraying over the seat. I reached for the engine and turned it on.

"Oh, so now you can move?" A female voice scoffed.

My eyes met a pair of dark blue eyes and my body instantly flinched back when I realised who she was. It was the girl from Gabriel's house, the one who had a gun.

"Get out of the car. We need to leave now." The woman, I think her name was Christy, said.

I shook my head not wanting to go anywhere with her. I couldn't think properly right now, someone tried to kill me and that man stopped it. As soon as I remembered the man I looked through the front window to see if he was still there.

He was dragging a man out of the car, pulling him through the broken window. As soon as he got the man out he dropped the man carelessly on the ground and started pushing the car backwards.

"Get out of the fucking car, you stupid human." Christy growled. I felt my heart speed up when I realised she must be a Werewolf just like the man who was pushing the car.

When I didn't move, Christy sighed dramatically and put her hand through the broken window. She pressed the lock button on the door and unlocked the door. She opened the door and looked at me expectantly.

"Do you want me to come in there and drag you out?"

I shook my head again, I knew that if I spoke I would break down. I slowly turned the engine off and removed the keys, with trembling hands I unfastened my seatbelt and unlocked the door and got out.

I shut the door behind me and learnt against it when I started to feel nauseous. My eyes fell on the unconscious bloodied man on the ground. He tried to kill me. Why did he try to kill me?

"Are you okay?" I heard Christy say.

I swallowed the bile I felt creeping up my throat and nodded.

"Are you sure?" She asked more gently this time. I looked up to meet her concerned gaze. She didn't look like she wanted to be here but she honestly did look a little worried. Her eyes scanned my body, her eyes lingering on my stomach before she nodded and took out her phone.

She began typing quickly on her phone, her eyes still barely glancing on the phone. Instead they were looking around the area.

It was silent for a minute before I began to speak. "What's going on?" I asked her, wincing when my voice came out in a frightened whisper.

"Someone knows you're having Gabriel's baby." Christy replied without looking at me.

"And that's a bad thing?" I asked her. Was it because I'm a human and he's a Werewolf?