Peter

It'd been four days, well as far as he could tell, and the man was not back. Peter knew that this was it. He wouldn't ever come back, he'd let Peter rot to death in this isolated place.

Not that he wanted the man to come back, but last time he saw him, the man was wearing an Iron Man mask, joking about how he'd idol was the one to kill him. Then threw a tiny grenade before leaving it to explode. It didn't help that Peter had no cover, and was still alive. 

He was a peace when he heard the cursed rusty door open again. Now he was just pissed, because he was just ready to de and this man kept pushing it.

"PETER!?" He heard the voice of Tony yell. HE looked up and saw the man in full Iron Man suit.

Peter frowned, did this man really leave for four days to make a realistic looking Iron Man suit. Or was it a hallucination. He looked back up to find any clues of which it was, when he did he not only saw Tony, but the rest of the Avengers, minus Clint and Bruce.

He smiled a bit, this was with definitely an illusion. He was going to see his idols right before he died. It made him sad that he couldn't even remember how May looked.

"The whole gangs here!" Peter said voice hoarse. "Oh man, and me without my suit." Peter laughed, not wanting his last moments to be ones of hurt. But he did feel a tear roll down his cheek. 

The faces on the Avengers were ones of concern, Tony lifted the mask and saw that Tony looked broken, looked tired, looked as though he hadn't eaten in days-months. Never had his hallucinations been this way, they always looked like he saw them last.

"Why the long face, Mr. Stark? It'll be over soon." Peter said trying to comfort his hallucination. The team were still frozen in their place, in shock.

---

Tony heard the boy voice and knew his voice was that way from lack of water, and months of only screaming. And he saw the boys tear roll down his face, following a clear trail. He could see old dried up blood on his face with small trails going down his eyes, obviously from tears. It hurt him to see Peter like this. 

His hair was messed up, blood some how was in there dried up, torn from the scalp at some places and his mouth still bleed. The suit was no longer on the boy, maybe if it had been, there would only been holes in it. Because with his boy on full display-  minus the boxers he still had on covered in old blood- they could see the scars and wounds still healing, which made Steve wince knowing if he hadn't had his healing ability there would be much more scars and wounds.

The right shoulder had a knife sticking out of it, blood dripping from the hole, it had to be the most recent.

"We got to get him to a hospital Tony." Natasha said and Peter looked back up at her. She froze in place, his eyes though, almost swollen shut, looked void of any emotion.

"I wonder if they really care anymore." They all heard the beaten teen say, no longer trying to sound happy.

---

Peter stared at them wondering aloud. Not bothering to conceal his thoughts from his own mind.

"They probably just got done with another mission, eating the fancy food Mr. Stark gets made." Peter said to himself picturing them not worrying about him, and it brought a small smile to his face.  He felt himself slowly going to sleep. Finally

---

Tony caught on first, realizing the kid thought they weren't real.

"Hey, buddy listen to me, we're here, real!" Tony said stepping forward and went to grab the knife before the kid stared into his eyes with no hope. 

"Please don't do that." Peter pleaded. "I hate when I give myself hope." Peter said to himself obviously still thinking it was his subconscious playing tricks on him, 

Tony was too numb for words. There were tears streaming down his face, but that didn't matter. He stopped in front of the boy and kneeled down before him, watching. His eyes were shut, swollen but shut, and his face looked to be at peace. In that moment, he saw it. The shade of pink that was quickly fading from the boy's lips, the pale coloured skin stretched across a familiar looking face, the dark, inky black to his hair.

In that moment, Tony looked down and saw the corpse of his dead son and realised it was too late.

"Tony."

His head snapped up and he looked at Natasha like she was speaking Chinese. The red head held his gaze and spoke again, and Tony saw her lips move, he recognised she was saying something but it just *didn't make sense*. Finally, Natasha took Tony's hand and brought it to the body. He tried to pull away but she wouldn't let him. There, she pressed two of his fingers to the boy's throat, matted with dry blood and waited.

And waited

And waited

Until he felt a tiny little beat.

"He's alive."