Bruce

Bruce was working on- something, he couldn't pay attention. He didn't even know what he was supposed to be doing. 

Normally when he was in the lab Peter would observe with him. Making comments that would distract the older man. Now all the surrounded the scientist was dead silence. Everyone else was usually busy with air own thing.

"That's cool! I can't wait till I get to play-

"Hey! Hey! Kid you're not going to play with anything, understand?" Bruce warned. "This is serious, one wrong move and it explodes all over us." Bruce said giving the kid a hard eye.

"Right. Maybe not play per se, but-

"Don't you have an internship to get to,Kid?" Bruce asked half serious, knowing he secretly enjoyed the boys company.

"I'm finished for the day, and I have free time before I go patrolling." Peter said scratching the back of his neck.

Bruce did now regret every time he tossed the kid out. He did try focusing on his current project.

"You ok there, Banner?" Natasha asked leaning against the door, arms crossed, eyebrow raised in question.

"Yeah, a little tired. Why?" Bruce said starting to put of some equipment.

Natasha looked at Bruce with a pity smile on her face. She wasn't going to say how she had been standing there for ten minutes just watching him stare at an empty chair.

"I'm just worried about you. You didn't eat today." She said worry obvious in her voice.

"I'll eat when I'm hungry." Bruce said shaking off the guilt for talking to Natasha like that.

"Bru-"

"Can you go? I'm sure you have more important things to do Nat." Bruce said not feeling like being taken care of.

Not when they should be taking care of Peter...

@dawnallen