Chapter 35- Blinded

Recap
'... Was this what I truly wanted...? Did I really want to see Kiroyuki like this... ? But, it was never my decision from the start.'

"Shall I let myself have a little bit of fun~!" Removing the fancy eyepatch, Kiroyuki revealed her bright and blood like eye. Gasps and questions were throw at her, but she ignored it with a sickly grin.

"Red eye!?" They all exclaimed and took a step back of caution.

Ryu remained in his spot, unable to move and not knowing what to do.

"..... Kiroyuki..."
—————

"Kiroyuki, we shouldn't waste our time here! We need to-" Neil tried convincing Kiroyuki to retreat, knowing that his guts are uneasy with this situation. He was terrified of losing her. Terrified that she will leave again. To leave him and to never come back like in the past and he felt the immense aura from the whole group who stood opposite of him.

"Shut up! They separated me from what I love and killed everyone! They killed Mother, Father, my people! Miss Nani!"

"K-killed?! Clarines would never harm the King and Queen of Hyoushou!" Zen exclaimed.

"Be rational! We could never do anything like that! Don't you see all the destruction you're creating! You're killing innocent lives for something we never did!" Obi furiously shouted. He knew that Kiroyuki was manipulated and fooled by Neil, but he couldn't conceal his bubbling anger.

"Ha! Don't you dare try putting the blame onto me! You, the ones who destroyed everything— You are in the way!" Kiroyuki's voice shifted.

Kiroyuki's heterochromia eyes were blinded by hate and sorrow. Oh how she wanted to see them die and revive, just for her to kill them over and over with the hatred she held full of lies and truths.

"... Kiroyuki! Do you not remember the truth!? Clarines never killed anyone! Miss Nani, she was your beloved attendee and you loved everything with a smile! You are Kiroyuki who smiles brightly to warm up my heart!" Ryu said hopefully, in desperate tones and expression.

"Hah!? Since when did I ever smile brightly?! I never smile with innocent joy! I always grin in like some madman!" She scoffed. "Plus, I can only smile in pain in remembrance of my past!"

"O-oi! Stop, Kiroyuki! I'll distract them and-" Neil was cut off by Ryu.

"Do you remember me?! Do you not recall the times we spent studying about herbs or the times we laughed!? Or you teaching me how to wield a sword!? Are you unable to remember anyone here that stands before you?!"

"W-w-why do I need to re-remember you!? S-stop playing with... with my mind! Stop-"

'Remember... Remember... Remember the truth and please be rational with them... You know you can't keep killing me again... For I am you and you are me... Remember...'

"YOU ARE THE ONE I CHERISH, KIYOYUKI! MY NAME IS RYU! I AM THE ONE WHO REALLY LOV-"

"SHUT UP!" Kiroyuki outburst. "KIROYUKI! DO YOU REALLY WANT TO GO WITH THOSE WRETCHED PEOPLE!? JUST LISTEN AND STAY UNDER MY CONTROL!"