Chapter 1 - One Last Cheerful Day

Hello thank you for reading this Ryu x OC and I hope that you enjoy! Now on to the story... >-<
--------------------------------
Kiroyuki's POV
I was practicing my archery skills as I awaited for Father to finish up his meeting and for Mother to finish her paperwork in her grand office.

I took a deep breath and pulled the string back steadily with my arms still as I elegantly let go of it.

The arrow swiftly pierced the wind that drifted past it with precision towards the target and hit bullseye.

"Yes!" I exclaimed loudly. "I am so awesome!" 

'I have improve! This is a huge accomplishment! I should tell Father and Mother about this~!' I started dancing, but was stopped when my tutor and right hand lady walked towards me and my paused celebration party. 

"Well done princess, you've improved quite quickly these past two weeks. Your aim and form was quite splendid."

My eyes sparkled as I tugged onto my tutor's sleeve like a puppy wanting to hear more praise. 

"Y-you really think so, Miss Nani!? I can't wait to tell my parents! Do you also think I can improve my swordsmanship?! I really hope so~! Just imagine... I can help Father and Mother one day in the battlefield!" I sighed in thought of my hopeless dream knowing that there's no way that I would be able to fight on the frontlines because of my powers of being the heir.

"Princess... You know that they won't let you fight on the frontlines with them. Your mother was only once in battle because it was a huge war between two other countries. You should also know that others would hunt you for your powers; which is why they allowed you to train with weapons." I sighed and placed my bow and bag of arrows onto the bench and looked out the window. I smiled softly as it began to snow outside.

"Miss Nani! Can we go out and play in the snow! It's so pretty! I want to go~!" I tugged onto her sleeve, giving her the most irrestable puppy eyes ever! She tried diverting her eyes in another direction, but I kept on pleading with this useful ability of mines.

"F-fine..." My eyes lit up as I jumped around in joy and excitement.

"Thank you Miss Nani! I'm going to go change first~!" I zoomed out of the indoor training room before she could answer me back.

I ran down the halls of the castle and laughed with bewilderment. I jumped down to the ground floor of the star gazing room from the second floor and ran to the only door on the right. Running through the open halls, the breezy and chilly wind blew my snowy blue hair into many strands of string. I squealed happily as the cold brushed along my neck and continued to run until I was in front of my door to my chambers.

I hastily opened the door and shut it and ran to my wardrobe. Quickly, I grabbed a white cotton dress and threw it over my leggings. I took my grey coat and slipped on some dark blue boots. I grabbed some light grey gloves and fixed my pigtails. Twirling around, I smiled with glee and ran out of my room as the maids outside my door were startled and bowed.

"P-princess!" They exclaimed.

"Sorry! I'm just excited to go outside!" I quickly bowed to them as they bowed again while smiling gently at me. As if they had never felt this happy or relieved before. 

I ran off once again, but came to a stop before I collided with someone. 

"F-Father! Mother! Pardon my actions!" Blood started rushing up my face in embarrassment as I quickly pushed myself away from my Mother's stomach.

"Why are you in such a hurry Kiroyuki my child?" I looked up to my mother as she smiled tenderly at me. Her beautiful and long black hair swayed over her shoulder as her grey eyes gleamed at me, filled with adoration. My Mother is the most beautiful woman there is to rule!