Chapter 17- Greater Power With Warnings

Kiroyuki's POV
"Huh?.... Where am I? Wasn't I in my office-........ Who are you?!"

I perplex in questioning to why I was in a different yet somewhat familiar throne room with a beautiful woman. She had a slim figure and puffy chest, which I don't have since I'm only like 12.... Her long and silky blue hair went down to her waist and wore a gown of great beauty. The beautiful woman wore a crystal headpiece along with some jewelry that shimmered in the castle's reflection. It was a dazzling throne room with a beautiful woman. She was holding onto a staff with rare crystals I've never seen before.... She was absolutely beautiful....

The beautiful woman giggled like lace and cotton with a soft voice of buttercream. She reached out her right hand to me to help me up onto my feet since I'm well on the ground...

I placed my hand into her's and stood up. I gazed at my surroundings for a couple of seconds and awed at everything I could see in this room.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you Kiroyuki." I flinched and quickly stepped back and stared at her confusingly. "Sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. My name is Hanayuki. Right now we're in your dreams." I pointed at myself and gave a shock expression.

"In my dreams?!... Then why hasn't this ever happened before?" I stared into her beautiful orbs of a sincere soul. Her electric blue eyes were the upmost window to her emotions she held in her soul of grace.

"I've came to warn you about your power's dangers..." I echoed what she said and stared at her for her to continue. "I'm sure you're aware what powers you have, but... Your powers will attract unwanted attention to Clarines."

I froze at her words and shook my head in denial. I faked my laugh and lightly punched the side of my head.

"S-stop jo-joking w-with m-me... I said t-that I'll pro-protect Cl-Clarines...." I brought my gaze down to the ground and felt my thoughts run wild....

'No... Not felt.... I hear screams and shouts of mercy..... Clashing swords.... Blood spilling... Cries of children who will no longer smile.... Every house was burnt to ashes.... The moon was covered by dark clouds of ash.... Bodies dropping one after another to soon create a pyramid of corpses.... Someone.... Was killing them all... A female..... Is that the one who I will attract unwanted attention to Clarines?.... No.... Who-'

"Kiroyuki..." I flinched and looked up to meet Hanayuki's blue eyes of concern. She place her warm hands onto the sides of my face and wiped away my tears.... Wait... Tears?... I was crying?....

"I-I was crying?.... N-no.... It h-hu-hurts...... Sh-should I l-leave C-c-Clarines?...."

"Kiroyuki..... You can prevent all chaos and destruction that you saw. I cannot stop the nightmares that you may get time to time... But..." I stared at Hanayuki as she straightened herself up and looked up at the throne. "... Someone will be able to help you on your journey. I cannot tell your fate as a whole, but I do know that there will be destruction no matter what."

"E-eh?...." My eyes widened in shock. Everything was just too much to process.... Attracting unwanted attention because of my powers, someone to help aide my journey, destruction, chaos, deaths, my fate.... I'm destructive....

"Sacrifices must be made for this new generation. I too had to make some sacrifices around your age."

"Huh?... I'm not sure at where you're going at Hanayuki...." I stared at her back as she slowly rotates to face me with a sadden expression. I was taken aback and felt myself get uneasy of the atmosphere and truth.

"I used to be the princess of Hyoushou a century ago. I was engaged to a rather idiotic prince and he caused chaos of our lands. My people were killed by his forces and I was locked in a cell deep down in the old dungeons. My powers were abused and I unleashed something... sinister.... I wiped out everyone in the castle and a two nearing towns.... It still plagues me to this day...."

I was shocked.... Shocked to hear that she killed so many people.... But.... Was it really her fault truly?... She was suffering.... She was abused.... She was brought to the point of insanity.... Will this happen to me too?...

"Kiroyuki." I flinched and snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Hanayuki with a questioning gaze of uneasiness.

.

.

.

"You have amazing powers, but you also have the same sinister abilities as me but maybe even worse...." I felt my surrounding darken and I felt the heavy and tense atmosphere. The atmosphere made my knees and heart fall to the ground.

"You are able to summon extraordinary weapons and summon the fire and ice to your aide and many more along the way..... You also have the will to destroy kingdoms...."

"........ Lies...... Lies.... Lies...... Lies.... I won't..... I don't want to kill.... Lies.... Lies.... I don't have powers.... I'm not special.... I'm not a demon... I'm not Kiro-"

"Kiroyuki! You are special! You do have powers and you knew this! You're not a demon! You can be a savior!"

Hanayuki grabbed both of my shoulders as her staff dropped to the white marble floor with a loud clattering that slowly came to a stop.... Like my mind....

".... How can I stop all of this?.... Please help me Hanayuki...." Tears streame drown my face as she too held some tears and embraced me into a hug of warmth and comfort.

"I know it's a burden to hold other's lives into yours..... It plagues me.... But I know you're strong! You can stop all of this! I believe in you! That's why I summoned you in your dreams! This was the only way of communication and I know this will be a burden of me asking, but.... I need you to end this war...."

"...War?.." Hanayuki pulled back enough for me to see her face and nodded her head.

"The man who attacked you and Izana that night.... He's the most likely to retrieve you... Don't let him take you! My time is running out right now... Before I go... I want to know if you can handle this burden of a task."

I wiped my tears and nodded my head in determination.

"Yes... I promise... Will I ever see you again Hanayuki?.." She wiped away her tears too and smiled lightly.

"I promise... Your friends are worried about you..." I smiled but was shocked to see Hanayuki slowly disappearing into shattering crystals.

'Wait!... Who was the girl who killed those people! It wasn't Hanayuki for sure!... I thought the man died already! What about Hyoushou!-

"Wait!" I reached for her hand but she disappeared before I can reach out to her. The shattered crystals disappeared with the sounds of glass as I fell onto my knees with a harsh thud. I stared the the floor in utter silence as tears slowly dropped one by one and onto the ground.... So many tears shed during my "dream"....

.

*drip drop*

.

*drip drop drip drop drip drop drip drop*

.

.

.

Am I really able to keep that promise?.....

A/N

Hey readers! Thank you again for 2k reads! 2K! You guys are crazy awesome!! I'm so grateful to you guys!! Ima cry in joy now!! You guys just made my day from everything that just makes me cry!! You guys are the best and I'm so glad to have you amazing readers! Thank you!