Royal Tower

Ash's POV.

I laid in bed and stared out of my bedroom's window. Our apartment had the most stunning view. Down below stretched the WaterWorks River, farther out we could see the Olympic stadium, but the best part was simply seeing people drive by, going about their day without knowing that they are being wondered about by a total stranger. Today the view wasn't as spectacular as it had been in the past, but it was still enough to take my breath away. I stared down into the shimmering water of the river and for a moment I remember the ocean in California, but the memory was quickly overtaken with the image of Harry's sky blue eyes.

I rolled onto my back. I had to try and slow the beating in my heart. I hated this. He had been clouding my thoughts non-stop ever since that night. It had been three days already, why hadn't I forgotten he existed yet? He was just a random guy, a drunk guy at that, and surely I would never see him again. Of course with how much Lea and that Simon guy had been talking, I might be seeing him again. But I didn't have time to think of that right now. The rent for this month was due on our apartment soon, and we had to come up with just under two thousand pounds. I knew we had the money, Lea was a manager who worked tons of over time, and I worked two jobs, but whether or not we would have enough for necessities and pleasure I wasn't sure.

I looked over to the clock on my night stand. I had to be at my second job in thirty minutes. It payed extremely well, but it wasn't exactly stable like the game store was. That's the down side to being a personal trainer as a job, you get payed for your sessions. Yes, you have usuals who were a steady income, but even they could sometimes cancel or simply put the session on a tab. At the store it was paid by the hour plain and simple.

Today I had a two hour training gig with a politician. He paid very well, but mostly because the work outs he asked me to do were always very intense, but it got the job down and built up the muscles in short periods of time. I knew I would be in and out in just over half an hour and my pocket would be filled with about two hundred pounds. The perk of going to my clients was that the prices rose significantly. If we were to have met at a gym or my own studio, two hundred pounds would drop to only about a ninety. But of course that was only today's client. For any one else it would have surely been seventy or so.

I rolled out of my bed, not wanting to leave the warmth of it. I shuffled into a pair of running pants and a shirt that I could sweat in. My training bag laid at the bottom of my closet, filled with workout props, water bottles, protein bars, and a few emergency changes of clothes. I threw the bag into my bed so that I could swipe my shoes and slide them on. I grabbed an apple on my way out of the door. I bit into it as I waited for the elevator to come to my floor. I tapped my foot, keeping count of the seconds in my head. Once the dinging of the shaft sounded I settled.

When I climbed in, there was only one person in the corner of the elevator. He looked up form his phone for a short moment before looking back down to his phone. He looked strikingly familiar, but I couldn't quite place who exactly he was. I looked down to find he and I were both heading down to the bottom floor. I leaned against the cold wall and waited patiently for the doors to close. Completely minding my own business.

"You're the girl from the video game store." he said, causing me to look over.

He had his finger extended and his face fell into a state of wonder, his large lips parted and his eyes staring empty as if he was a fish. I blinked the confusion away, still not fully sure if I had seem him before.

"Um, yeah. Have we met?" I suddenly wished I was able to take a step back. He and I were too close for me to do anything if something were to happen.

"Sort of, I came in a few nights ago. I was with the group of drunk idiots." He smiled and snapped his fingers lightly.

Suddenly I remembered, he was one of the silent ones. He stood in the corner - where we played the music to our store - and danced along to the "bees" as he called it. What exactly that meant, I have no idea.