Chapter 5

"Hey, could one of you guys drop me off at home? I need to get new clothes and to have at least a few nights alone with my sis and mum."
"I'll take you." Paul says, walking forward.
I get on his bike, tell him my address, and we're off.
By the time we get there, the sun is beginning to show it's face.
"Go! Before you burn! I'll see you tomorrow night." I say, slamming the door and walking upstairs.
I hear my sister's snores in our bedroom. Without needing any hint of light, I strip off my clothes and hop into bed.

"Where'd you go?" Jasmine murmurs.
"Remember those guys from last night?"
"Yeah, what about them?"
"Well, I found myself early this morning in a cave and they were hanging upside down like bats. My first thought was 'wtf!'. Then I got this leather jacket from a girl, and we might've caused a bit of trouble on the boardwalk, but it was so much fun." I rambled on.

"I'm dreaming,"
"You're not, though." I assured her.
"Whatever. Night Emmy." She turned back over.
"Night Jas." I turned towards the window and fell asleep listening to the sounds of night.

I woke the next afternoon with a pain in my gut. Ugh!! I need to hunt again!
I'll see if I can fit hunting into my schedule before meeting the guys.
Speaking of meeting the guys, I should get myself a sweet ride so Paul doesn't have to keep sharing his with me.
I listened for the sounds of early traffic, but heard nothing. Considering it's a Sunday, I guess everyone was at church (or dead). Jasmine was at her boyfriend's house and mom was at the grocery store.

I heard a beeping noise. I grabbed my American Nitro Skateboard and followed the road to where the beeping was the loudest. I stopped at a house and saw Grandpa Emerson helping out a young lady. A younger boy and his dog went into the house carrying dog bowls on his head. (The boy, not the dog).
I listened in on their conversation.
"You know what happens when there's no T.V? No MTV!" The younger boy whined.
"Sammy, I'm flat broke."

Hmm........the younger boy is Sammy. But who's the other one?