Chapter 2

The Creation-Doctor Who

Chapter 2- Hazel

I flicker my eyes open, awakening in a small room. I immediately stood up from the soft couched bed, and look around me. I sigh in relief as I look at my well organized room. Clothes, books and other things are scattered around the floor, reminding me of what a night I had yesterday.

My breathing is heavy.

I try remembering last night's dream, and all I can remember is that it was the exact same dream from previous nights. It is always the same dream. I always dream about this one man everyone calls the Doctor.

But why is he so important?

I stand up from my bed and stretch my arms to the side, followed by a lazy yawn. I walk towards the bathroom were I take a shower, and get all dressed up for the day. My wardrobe choice is rather simple: Blue jean shorts, a red t-shirt, and a navy blue vest over it. I fix my blonde hair the same as always, in a messy bun. Then, I apply a bit of make up around my eyes such as mascara, so my blue eyes stand out.

As I walk downstairs, I glimpse at my IPhone.

3 new messages.

I click on the message app and find three messages from the same person: unknown. I click on them and I read,

"Today is going to be a good day."

"Warning."

"Hazel, I'm sorry"

I sigh at how strange the messages are and I ignore them. I look at the clock and I'm already late for my first day at work. I had struggled so much to find a job after college, and finally I had found one at the local library. I was glad my first job wasn't going too much of a hassle, especially because I was new to the city. I can't quite recall why I had chosen Manhattan. The idea was just in my head, so I left London, kissed mum's grave goodbye and moved to New York.

I opened the front door of my flat...apartment, and found it blocked by something blue. I cursed under my breath, and knocked violently on the wood. I took a closer look and it seemed to be much more than a blue box. It was a police box...from the 60's?

I knocked on the wood again, and this time, the door opened.

"No, no, I don't believe it." I whispered.

"Excuse me?" The raggedy man wearing a bowtie said as he looked as surprised as I was.

"No, no I don't believe it. This has to be a joke!" I said louder this time throwing my arms up in the air. My palms were sweaty and I couldn't believe how bad of a morning I was having already. "Please tell me this is a joke Doctor." The word "Doctor" coming out as natural as any other word can be.

"Well, I'm glad you know my name, that way we can move things faster." He said while moving his hands around. He snatched my hand and pulled me towards the blue box. I wanted to scream, but it all felt like déjà vu to me. It wasn't weird that a man with a blue box was kidnapping me.

It all felt like a never ending story in my head.

As I entered the blue box, (which was bigger on the inside), memories came crumbling down.

"We are all stories, yours hasn't ended yet." The Doctor said as he kept a hold of my hand.

"I don't understand." tears streaming down my face. "I thought you were just part of my imagination.

"Well, you aren't the only one who things that, Hazel." He spoke very softly, while whipping some of the tears off my face.

"So you are real. I've met you before then?" I said. The Doctor immediately let go of my hand and walk away from me. What once was a surprised face was now one of a very sad man. I had to take this one step at a time. Maybe, just maybe, I was still on top of my bed sleeping, and having this wonderful dream. Just maybe. "You don't have to answer that." I said, convincing me this was all a dream.

"You don't think this is real?" he cut the distance between us, giving me a tight but warming hug.

"Then convince me it is all real." I said, wrapping my arms around his body. I could feel more tears coming out and I just couldn't understand. Why was I so afraid if it was all a dream?

The Doctor then broke the hug. He had a smile on his face, which made him seem rather handsome, yet still a bit weird. He was some kind of weird, lonely man. That didn't bother me.

I once had been lonely as well.

"Okay, so where do you want to go?" he exclaimed, running towards the console located in the middle of the gigantic room. I had so many questions that I was going to leave for later. "We can go wherever you want." He winked, making me chuckle a bit.

"well, how about you take me to..." I had to think this through, but there was only one word in my mind. One place I wanted to go. "Paradise."

"Hold on then." The Doctor said, giving me a mischievous smile. He pushed and pulled some buttons here and there. The blue box then made a weird sound and out of nowhere, it was moving. The ground was moving; it almost felt like an earthquake. I heard The Doctor scream of joy, and all I could do was to stay quiet and let everything sink in.