3. Challenger from the Sun

Third person P.O.V.

After about an hour the new girl group had left the office, in silence. In the thick atmosphere of seriousness all of them pulled their phones out of the bags and pockets. Mr. park had given them strict instructions on how to keep their debut as a secret: he had told to not tell anyone excluding close family and best friends. Yeongja was the first to tap on the speed-dial. "Mom, I think I made it," she said quietly when her mother answered the phone. All six girls felt teary-eyed at these words. The several years' hard work had paid off and they had a common feeling of relief. "I really made it in to the group."

~

"How about we go check out the dorm?" Jiwoo suggested as the group stepped out of the Sunrise Ent. building, some of the pulling their masks to hide their faces. "Good idea, our first training day doesn't start until midday anyways," Songmin nodded.

The dorm building was a tower block about one and a half miles from the headquarters. I was like any other house in a quiet area so it was perfect for an idol group to keep a low profile. Hyejin, being the oldest, entered the building before others, remembering the code for the door on the first try. After four stories of stairs the apartment 34 B was right in front of their eyes. "Alright, this is it." Hyejin took her key out of her jeans pocket and opened the door. "Welcome home, everyone."

The dorm was not as cramped you might have thought. At first there was a small hall, leading to the white living room with two sofas and a folding table that could be moved away. The two Kims were quick to notice there was a gaming console, too. On the right from the living room there was the kitchen with a wooden table and six chairs. On the other side of the living room there were one of the bedrooms, with one bunk bed and one regular bed. The other bedroom was next to the hall. In the bathroom there were a spacious shower and a washing machine.

"We have to choose the rooms quickly!" Hyejin shouted, almost scaring others. "Should we decide it with a game?" (First Name) asked, wanting to be fair with it. "Maybe rock, paper and scissors?" Right away the six girls gathered in the hallway to play the difficult game. First the group was divided in two, one for each room. Then the three members of each room battled for their desired bed.

Songmin, Haneul and Yeongja took the room next to the living room, first two of them taking the bunk bed leaving the separate bed for the younger one. (First Name) and the two oldest started living in the room next to the hall, Jiwoo having her own bed while Hyejin and (First Name) had a heated battle of the top bed. Being less lucky, the maknae lost against her unnie. "Sorry not sorry," Hyejin laughed and threw her bag up on to the top bed.

~

Your P.O.V.

~ In the Evening ~

After the first lesson as real idols (it was mostly going through our debut song and the script for the music video) we had ordered Chinese cuisine to the dorm and we were currently eating in the living room, sitting on the floor by the foldable table that had crashed down twice because we didn't know how to use it properly. At the same time we had decided to play a game of asking and answering questions one by one. As the youngest I had to start by asking something from Yeongja. "Where are you from?" I asked an easy question. "No, no, no! Ask something fun!" Haneul lightly punched me in the arm. I brushed her hand off feeling a bit uneasy, would it be alright to be nosy about others. "Well..." I started slowly with my slightly broken Korean. "Are you popular w-with boys?" Haneul started giggling and I felt myself blushing, I made an idiot out of myself.

To my surprise the black-haired beauty didn't seem to mind. "In school there are always some guys looking at me but I don't really care, as an idol I have to remain single. I have had one boyfriend many years ago but it wasn't serious." I gulped down and nodded. She had a point, we couldn't date as trainees so I kind of got used to it but now it was even more important to stay date-free to not cause any trouble. At the moment I wasn't really concerned about it, I would get all the love I need when singing and dancing, that was my passion after all.

~

It was 10 PM and the inhabitants were getting ready for bed. I felt weird seeing my trainee friends running around with their facial care baskets and pajamas. Until this day had lived alone in a small apartment down town so I had to get used to roommates, five of them to be exact. I was hanging my clothes on the rack in the corner of the room when Jiwoo walked in, wearing her night clothes already. She sat on the bed, looking at me. "Um, yes?" I turned to her with a puzzled expression. At that moment Haneul tripped in the living room but she quickly informed she was okay.

Jiwoo stretched her arms and sides in orderly fashion. "You see, I have nothing against you or anything so don't take this the wrong way," the older girl said, light creases forming onto her forehead as her face got more serious. "But I have been training for six years and during that desperate time I swore I will become top-selling idol after my debut. I don't want you to drag me down as the maknae and foreigner." I felt like someone had punched me on the stomach. Was Jiwoo worried I would drag the group down because I'm (nationality)? Not answering I looked down at my feet. Of course I knew what I felt like to not know if you were going to debut at all but she didn't have to say things like that.

"Then what do you want me to do?" I asked, using less polite speech without noticing it. Jiwoo crossed her legs and tilted her head. "To do your best, what else? I know what you are capable of." What is her deal? I raised my eyes to my fellow member. "Manager Park wouldn't have chosen you if you weren't good. I just wanted you to know I'm declaring you as my rival," the short-haired girl smirked. "As I said, I have nothing against you." Instead of a punch on stomach once more I felt a relief. "Oh my god, why are you scaring me like that!" I sighed. So she was just complimenting me in a unique way. I threw myself on the bottom bunk bed and brushed my hair away from my face. "Alright, I get it. Fight me," I smirked widely, and Jiwoo laughed a little.

A few seconds later Hyejin came in turning off the lights in the hallway. While talking I didn't realize everyone had already went to bed. I laid down and pulled the covers over myself, closing my eyes as the light of our bedroom was also switched off. I heard Hyejin climb on the top bed. A moment later she shouted: "Good night everyone!"

"Good night!" the apartment answered and everyone fell into deep slumber waiting for the new morning with brand new surprises.