chapter 7

VAL' s POV

As I open my eyes Im quick to flinch a bit due to the sunlight peering through the open blinds. I notice that im more warm than usual. I turn my tired body around and im surprised to see a sleepy ethan with his mouth slightly open with little breaths coming out.

I try to sit up to get room service but I feel a gentle tug on my waist. I look behind and see Ethan's arms wrapped around me. I smile to myself and stretch my arm out to the nightstand where my phone was being charged. I open it and start playing games. Its been a couple of minutes and I feel sleepy. I put my phone back and snuggle into Ethan's chest. I feel myself going back to sleep and before I know it I fall asleep
-
I wake up to loud yells and quickly sit up. I notice that nobody is by my side anymore and I start getting worried. I hear a loud yell again, but this time im able to understand what it said. I stand up and walk towards where the sounds are coming from. I open the bathroom door of Ethan's side and see Emma standing there screaming at him. I stand there in the doorway in shock. I turn to Ethan where he is standing there with a 'sorry' face.

"What the fuck are you doing cheater" I yell.

"That's none of your business slut" she fires back

"So now im the slut" I smirk.

"Va-" than tries.

"No,you told me you would get over this whore" I shoot back

"No I didnt, stop lying you just don't want me to be happy with Emma and you want to keep me to yourself" Ethan looks at me with no regret in his face and turns around to look at Emma and gives her a warm smile.

I stand there shocked again and see Emma shake her head. What the fuck.....

"I dont want to be with you anymore, if you turned your back on your best friend, I don't want to see what you'd do to me" she says and walk out the bathroom patting my shoulder.

"I hate you" I say and storm out.

"Wait,im sorry" he says running after me and grabbing my shoulder.

"Dont touch me" I yell at him and grab my stuff then put it on a plastic bag the hotel had in case we needed to carry something.

"Vale....im sorry" he says and looks down.

"No, you're not. If Emma hadn't turned you down and not left you would still be going after her like that stupid person you've always been you wouldnt regret it. You always do what she tells you to. I dont even know why you got that lip tattoo if all you do is play along with Emma. But now that she left you, you want to have someone by your side, and I hate to break it to you but im not going to be that person. Not now, and not ever" I yell and storm out of the room.

I walk out of the room and head towards the street to call for an uber. I feel someone grab my wrist and I pull it away. I turn around to face a human that I hate. As I was about to walk away I see him grab my cheeks and pull me towards his lips. Suddenly I feel butterflies in my stomach and kiss him back. I pull away remembering who it was. I look at him angrily as I feel a tear run down my cheek. I turn around to see that my uber arrived and was now impatiently waiting for me to get in. I open the back door and throw my stuff in. I walk to the co pilots seat and get in after closing the door.

The ride wasn't as awkward as it was.

"You okay, hun?" the girl driving asked. She was about 19 and seemed like a nice person.

I nodded my head and tried to changed the subject which was a bit successful.

I could tell we could have been good friends but I forgot to ask for her number.