17: meet the family.

Start from the beginning

"He was a cheeky little thing," someone said from the distance, I turned away from the photo and saw an older lady with long brown hair, her eyes similar to Harry's along with her smile. A feeling of warmth and kindness was radiating off of her, reassuring me of the kind souls in this house. "I'm Anne, Harry's mum."

"Hi it's lovely to meet you," I gushed, pulling my body away from Harry's to stand in his mother's open arms. She engulfed me in a sweet embrace that also reminded me of Harry, tight and warm.

"Lucy isn't it?" Harry laughed wildly all over again. "I'm teasing, what are you laughing at?"

"Gemma bet you to it, sorry mum," I guess saying my name wrong was a little joke that was supposed to happen but his sister did it first.

Anne laughed and corrected herself, saying my actual name before placing a soft kiss to my cheek and welcoming me further into her house. Harry disappeared into the living room and I was dragged into the kitchen. Harry's laughter ringing through the house and my heart fluttering at the sound. Anne let me take a seat at the large cluttered kitchen table, scissors, wrapping paper and tags dotted the table.

"Harry looks happy," Gemma smiled as she walked in, followed by a tall brunette with bright blue eyes; Jack. "Jack this is Luna, Luna this is my boyfriend Jack."

"Hi it's so nice to meet you," I smiled getting a quick side hug from the tall man. He was obviously fresh out the shower with his hair still damp and strong cologne scent lingering on his body.

"Jack," Harry nodded coming into the room. Jack pulled back from me and gave Harry one of those bro hugs. Once they pulled away I could sense the tension lingering between them, Harry's face wasn't holding his friendly adorable features I'm so used to and Jack looked stone cold as he walked away and wrapped his arm around Gemma protectively.

"Why hello," a deep voice came from behind me, I turned in my chair and smiled brightly at the shorter man. This has to be Robin. His smile was infectious, his eyes were warm and his jolly persona could've lit up a dark alleyway. "I'll be the first to get your name right I guess, it's so wonderful to meet you Luna," I heard Anne and Gemma groan at his attempted humour, now I can see where Harry gets his comedic trait; his stepdad.

"It's really great to meet you Robin," I stood up to hug him, from the corner of my eye I saw Harry proudly smiling at our exchange with a deep blush embedded in his cheeks. His embrace reminded me of my father, scratch that, everything about Robin reminded me of my father and it pained me.

"Quite the hugger aren't we," he chuckled, I quickly stepped away realising I had lingered in the hug longer than necessary, mumbling an empty apology as I stepped back into Harry's chest.

I felt Harry's lips against my ear, "you alright?" Strands of his hair tickling my temple. I nodded simply shrugging off the topic and nuzzling my back further into him.

"How come you are here so early?" Anne asked, putting the kettle on.

"Luna couldn't sleep and I'd finished packing up the car so I just thought, why not," Harry shrugged.

"Yeah we were waiting in your driveway for two hours, that's how early he made us," I laughed. Anne then told Harry off for making me wait so long before he excused himself to get our bags from the car, making me stay inside because the snow started again. The amount of snowfall has surprised me, but I wouldn't want anything less. It's only Christmas when it snows. I stood by the large window in the kitchen, Anne and Robin making an impressive start on a large brunch (Breakfast & Lunch) as a welcoming for Harry and I. Gemma and Jack were upstairs, Harry was taking our stuff in and I just stood looking out at the snow covered field that was beside Harry's house.