Party Planner

Piper's POV:

In the shadows of the Orphanage I could see Rodney. He was talking to someone who's voice I didn't recognize.

"So.. out of the twenty kids who live here, you're telling me you befriended the demon child." The other guy with him spoke, he sounded the same age as Rodney.

"Don't call her that." Rodney scolded him. "Her name is Demi. Or at least, it is until she tells me her real name."

"And where is she exactly?"

"Hello." Both of them jumped at the sound of younger-me's voice.

"Gah! HI THERE." The guy stared at her. I couldn't get a good look at him from the shadows, but I could tell his eyes were wide.

"That's not it." Rodney grinned. "C'mon Demi, light those eyes up."

"Rod what're you-" He was cut off by younger-me letting her eyes glow for a little.

"Holy.." The kid took in a sharp breath before turning back to Rodney. "You weren't kidding with the 'demon child' thing."

"You know, I could-" Rodney was cut off by a loud voice.

"WHERE IS SHE?" It boomed throughout the Orphanage and the two boys gulped. Even my younger self- who seemed unfazed by anything at this stage -widened her eyes a fraction.

"Shoot! Rosalyn.." The kid muttered.

"You gotta get out of here. She catches you and both of us are goners." Rodney started pushing the guy towards the window. He nodded,

"I should get back anyway, I've been gone too long." He looked back at Rodney and me one last time. "Rod, try not to get yourself killed." Rodney chuckled at that remark. The kid then turned to younger me. "And Demi, if you really are a demon, do me a favor and haunt Rodrick, alright? Or at least banshee scream Rosalyn into oblivion, for me?" He waited for a reaction, possibly a laugh.

"Dude, I've been trying to tell ya', she doesn't exactly-" Rodney was cut off by a small breath being let out if younger-me, like a tiny snicker. A very small smile traced her lips and she gave the kid a firm nod. The kid grinned suddenly and stared to open the window. When moonlight filled the hall, I could final see his face. A mop of messy brown hair lay on his head, jade green cat-like eyes sparkling with mischief.

I walked over to the window to see he was on the fourth floor. The kid went down so he was hanging from the window frame before dropping down to grab another window. He did that until he was at the second floor before jumping off. As he landed with a roll, the kid jumped up and grinned, scarf fluttering in the wind.

"Good luck!" He called before running off into the village.

"There you are."  We turned around to see a tall, old woman. Her black hair was in a tight bun and her dark purple eyes glared at us. She wore and old fashioned black dress and stormed out way.

I flinched as she walked right through me. It was the woman I loathed more than anything,

Rosalyn.

"You little maggot," She grabbed a fistful of younger-me's hair and began yanking me down the hall.

"Hey, you can't do that!" Rodney objected, running after her and I followed. "She's been here for three days, she hasn't done anything!"

"Tell that to the food missing from the pantry." Rosalyn growled. "It's gone, all of it. Don't lie you wretched creature, I know you took it. You're a thief and a slob." She tugged harsher on younger-me's hair. "There are eye-witness'."