Change of Plans

A/N: Okay, I have been waiting for this chapter for a long time. And, if you remember, the last time I said this was right before they left the camp to find the castle.

So you know what that means..

Piper's POV:

My vision was hazy, black dots speckled the side of it.

This must be what passing out feels like.

I felt an arm around my waist pulling me up. The last time someone had done that, I was grinding my teeth together because it was Jack. That felt completely uncomfortable and just- plain old weird. This however, felt warm, relaxing. I leaned on whatever was keeping my up and tried to open my eyes again. After a second, I was back, I knew exactly what was going on in the room, I just couldn't really move, or talk with tipping over.

"Well?" Notch was standing there, in dim doorway on the right of the room. The only light coming from whatever got past the windows from the moon, since my eyes now unlit.

"Did you try to sneak out?" Jeb was behind him, followed by Steve. Notch's hard eyes looked at everyone of us before landing on Eli.

"No.." He rushed over to him, turning him to lay on his back. "Eliot.." Notch looked up, noticing Echo's burns. "Echo, what happened?" He asked carefully.

She stared at Eli, not moving. I think she was still in shock.

"Quinn, Ace?" They didn't answer either. Neither did Micha and Donnie and Sav, Remeer and Nix when called on.

"Merlin?" He faced us. That's who had helped me, Merl.

But I thought he was exhausted.

"Chandelier, we tried to save Echo, Eli dropped and Piper has no energy." He panted, completely disregarding the fact that he was there nearly being crushed too.

"But how?" Jeb walked to us, flicking a switch on the way. The lights came on an the room was glowing gold again. "Three people holding up," He pointed up. "That, you would've been crushed in the first two seconds. Even if Merlin used his magic, it wouldn't have been enough."

Steve looked in between the three of us.

"Considering Merlin had his staff, and-" He glanced at Eli. "He clearly used his own strength.."

I could've imagined Echo adding some kind of comment to that last part, but she kept quiet. Everything must've still been going on in her mind.

"Piper." Steve turned to me. I heard whispers in the back of my head, What the nether is Ghastly doing?

Sighing, I moved away from Merl. I felt a lot better now.

"It was me." I muttered. Steve raised his eyebrow, silently asking me to go on, however Notch interrupted.

"Let's all move this to the next room, shall we?" He said, definitely not asking.

The next room was pretty plain. A few paintings here and there, some tables and chairs on the side, and shelves filled with books, candles or showpieces. I pulled up a chair so it was against the wall before setting myself down on it. The rest followed, either sitting near me, or at the table closest. The adults were standing in the empty space at the middle of the room. A little far away from us.

"How?" Notch had his arms crossed, not taking his eyes off me. I bit the inside of my cheek, trying to figure out how to explain.

Thankfully, I didn't have to.

"Sir!" A woman ran in. I could tell it was a she by the voice and armor. I had noticed the women's armor for the soldiers was a little different than the men's. She stopped in front of Notch and kneeled, bowing her head in respect with her sword on the ground.