Chapter 45 : Early Preparations

Beginne am Anfang

"Okay fine, whatever. It still looks great because I helped." I defended. "Here we are then." I glided down near the doorway of the ballroom.

"Wow! This is impressive." Kristoff said. "How did you guys do this this quickly?"

"Well, we got some help from Bunny. He was here a while ago. And of course Kai and the staff." Elsa responded.

"It's really amazing." Anna added. "I knew you could pull this off without me." she said clinging to her sister's arm.

"That's pretty much it. We still have to prepare the food and everything. And you have to practice." Elsa told Anna.

Elsa:

"Practice for what?" Anna asked.

"For your speech. Obviously. You have to express your gratitude for the guests who attended. I don't want you to be improvising because you tend to skip from one topic to another. So, we'll have to work on that."

"Do I really have to??"

"Yes, you do. We'll start after lunch. And as for you gentlemen, I'll have Gerda call the royal seamstress to have you fitted."

"Fitted? As in clothes??? Like formal clothes??" Jack asked, clearly disliking what is in store for him.

"Yes. I know you don't like it just from your tone but you have to. You have no choice."

"But I already forced myself to wear these boots for you." He pointed out.

"Are you saying you don't like them?" I gave him the eyebrow.

"It's not that I don't like them. I'm just not comfortable with shoes on."

"Then go barefoot. I won't mind, really. You didn't have to wait this long to tell me that you're uncomfortable with it. I don't want to force you on anything."

Jack took the boots off and placed it aside for a while. "I'll go grab it later and put it in the box in my room. Are you sure you're okay with this?" He asked.

"Yeah. It's fine." I smiled. I was okay. It wasn't a big deal. He should've said it earlier though so I wouldn't look like the one pushing him around. "But you still have to wear some shoes for the party. Got that?"

"Yes, maam!"

After a few minutes of looking around the ballroom, we had our lunch. They went ahead because I looked for Gerda and had her call the seamstress for the fitting.

When I got to the dining hall, Anna was goofing around and slowing herself down. This was because she hated talking in public. Ever since she was little. Even if it was just Mama, Papa and me she would get all embarrassed and cry.

"Hurry up, Anna. I just got here and I'm almost done. You aren't even halfway." I reprimanded.

"Relax Elsa. We still have a lot of time. We've got 2 more days and we can still practice before the party."

"Even so, Anna. We have to start now." I said as I took my last bite.

"Come on, Love. Ease up a bit." Jack said. What's with the new nickname? I asked myself. I wanted to ask him that since the first time but it didn't seem like a big deal. We can talk about that later.

"I can't ease up, 'love'. We need to prepare now." I answered.

"Warming up to your new nickname, huh?" He smirked. Okay, now he's brought it up.

"Why call me that anyway?"

"Nothing. Don't you like it?" Jack asked.

"I think it's kinda cute and sweet." Anna butted in, licking chocolate off her fingers.