NINE

I saw you read my letter secretly. I saw your smile tho. It was beautiful yet it was weak. You became paler and paler. You sweat a lot often. You almost fainted when we were about to go to the library. Do you perhaps still sick?

You were writing something on a piece of paper. You started to cough and sometimes, i saw blood on your palm. I was shocked but i didn't want to show it. I became so worried. It was so many blood. You went to the toilet to wash it but the smells stayed.

Again, today you didn't attend to school but this time your parents came. I heard the teacher mention your name so i guess they were your parents. They were wearing black outfits. Black dress and black suits. Your mother cried while entering our class. Your father were calming her. I was getting anxious to know what are they doing here. Your father made a speech and bring a news about you. News that shocks people and made people cry.

I remembered the letter you slipped in to my desk. I immediately search for it and read it

Dear Jungkook,

   Hi, I never thought that you would write letter for me. Thank you for your caring act. I'm fine actually. Well maybe i'm not. But i'm sure when you read this i might be somewhere else than here. Somewhere i was meant to be for long time. You might be curious why do i absent too much lately. Well, i was sick. I know that you notice that i was changing. I became more quiet and more paler. I sweat so much and cough often and sometimes i cough blood. I got a lung cancer. It has been about 4 years? It has come to stage 4. Critical isn't it? It's painful. I was grateful that you asked me if i was okay. I appreciate that so much. I got no friends and i only got you. Thank you Jeon Jungkook and i accept your apology. I didn't care about your bad attitude because maybe you had your reason. It's fine. I understand it well. Let's end it here.

Sincerely,
Your desk mate

I fold the letter back. It was true. I knew it already. I didn't know she went a lot of painful moments. But i was glad that i asked her. I cared for her.

-The End-

XXXXXXXXX
JMNUTELLA
XXXXXXXXX