chapter 13: forge talks

-The next day

Hiccup pov
"HICCUP! You got the next costumer!"

"Yes sir"

After reheating up my forge station, I head over to the counter to start my next work.

A fellow viking handed me three swords and told him they will be ready in two hours and he left.

As I place the first sword in the forge, I notice Toothless is playing with a groncle who belongs to another blacksmith. At least toothless is having total dragon company here as well.

I pump up the heat while excited because yesterday, me, May, and Naver stop by at the bakery for a late bite and the bakers told me that they also do deliveries.

So I made an order around lunch for me and Toothless which should be here soon. This forge is slightly larger than Gobber's back at berk. Large enough for three or four smiths to work.

"Delivery!" I turn back to front counter and find May with a bright smile as she set the basket of our order here. "Morning hiccup" she greeted.

"Morning to you too, May" I greet back and Toothless just popped up to the counter and begins munching on his boar stuffed loaves. I chuckle and said "well toothless said morning and thamks in a mouthful."

She giggle along as toothless lets her scratch the back of his ear. We place all the pastries out the basket and hand handed May 3 runes.

"Thank you hiccup. So before I'm off to bakery again, how is you first day at the forge?" May asked

"Pretty good, not too hard for me. I mean, I just finished 4 weapons earlier." I replied.

May nodded "nice, did you worked im a forge before?"

I paused from that questioned. I looked away but replied with a akward chuckle "haha, well back at... home."

"Really? Who taught you."

"Ummm. Gobber. I was his apprentice  when I was little, well littler. I mean he not just my memtor, he was like my bestfriend..." I then looked down but whispered "only friend"

"Only friend?" May repeat as I meet her eyes again but hers was more concern.

Decided to turn to my station but she continued "did something happened?"

I looked back at her as she wants to know if this is effecting me. She then looked at toothless but his was head down with a gloomy googly eye face at me. She then looked at me.

I sighed and walked back to her "May... It's a long story. I... I just need to adjust... more."

She nodded, thankfully she respected me short terms, but I do want to explain to her. But it's only been three days now and I doubt my former tribe hasn't given up on finding me yet. Just a little more time.

"May, I promise later on but not too long, I WILL let you know everything."

"Okay and if there is anything you need, I am here for you."

I smile with gratitude. She not like all the astrid or tuffnut, the only girls my age on berk. No, the only difference is that she cares. "Thanks"

-back at berk

Astrid pov
I decided to take my axe to the forge for it to be sharpen before next practice. As I walked into the forge I see fishlegs stacking a new pile set of swords while gobber slowly polishing a mace but looking miserable.

He then notices me and spoke up "ah Astrid, you're here with your axe that needs sharpen. Fishlegs, please take care of Astrid's request. I will arrange the coal for next line."

After handing my axe to Fishlegs, I walked towards Gobber and see how he is doing. "How are you holding up Gobber?" I asked with concern.

"Oh I'm doing good, well not as the same without the lad." He said. Guilt began kicking in me.

Gobber then rest his hand on his forehead "I should have known this was happening to him, I was suppose to be there for him. How can I let these people slip passed my senses?"

I looked down from seeing gobber somehow blamed himself for not being there enough for hiccup from... us.

Gobber sighed and puts his left hind on my right shoulder "I remeber the day you and fishlegs left him with just me and how I am disappointed, but at least I know how both of you are not that low to that lad unlike the other kids here. You would report to us if things went to far since you two are bright."

I just stare at him in shock, just trying get everything he just said. I then turn to fishlegs, seeing him in a standstill after hearing everything as well.

Gobber then starts pile the fresh coal as I head towards fishlegs when he snapped from his trans. He finally speaks up to me "what do we do?"

.
.
.

I don't know.

A/N: shout out to YouYou337 , PersiaLionheart , YamileSoto, 11Booklover, and AdriannaMarie1100 for the awesome vote support.

Sorry for the long wait but I got caught up with ideas for art and stories. And to let you all know I am now in Fanfiction.net and I will be transferring copies only the fanfics I published here. And any fanfic chapter that I update will only be published in wattpad FIRST and THEN ff.n.

Don't worry though, I slightly know where this story from here to where it needs to go where I want it. So to let you know there will be filler chapters until the next major plot point. Hope this story so far is good, and will focus back on wattpad first while co-oping ff.n. And until then, I am fossilize for now.