Confortation

Nikki's P.O.V

       I stood in the back of the school, feeling tears build in my eyes, but I refused to let them fall. "Nikki?", a familiar voice called from behind me. I never loved Cole, I was lying to him and myself thinking anyone could replace the butterflies Kyle gave me.

I turned towards him and gave a bright grin I had mastered faking over the years, "Kyky, now what are you doing back in town after four years?"

By the shock on his face it seems he expected the shy eighth grader he left broken and self loathing, but that wasn't me anymore. "Nikki come back inside", he pleaded. "With you?", I scoffed my smile disappearing," I don't think so, you have caused me enough pain and humiliation. For a lifetime. "
"Wh-what do you mean?", he stuttered. 

I rolled my eyes, boys are so oblivious, "Do you think our little... conversation at the park that day was unnoticed? Katrina the girl you 'love' told every one she tricked big 'ol Kyle into setting her little sister straight ", I growled out.

His look of shock continued, but I kept going. "Do you know how long it took me to earn an ounce of respect or dignity back?! To look in the mirror and not be disgusted?", I demanded. And after the four years I tried to suppress it back the memory came flooding back.

-Flashback-

I touched the bleeding line with shaking fingers and winced.

 Then I looked at myself, really looked. My hair reached my waist like a ridiculous fairy tale, my face was drained of what i was used to, my cheeks round making me look like a kid.

 "No wonder he doesn't even like me I look five", I chocked. I cleaned up the scar the rock left. It was pretty deep and it seemed it would always be there, but it would just remind me of this day and to never be so obvious with my feelings. To not trust so easily.My sister then opened the door with him in tow.

 "Hey lil sis", she greeted with a fake ass smile," Kyle and I are going to the movies tell mom will ya thanks!" My sister. The only one who knew how I felt. And she betrayed me.

 I put my head down as she entered so they couldn't see the blood. "Got it", I whispered afraid my voice would crack if I spoke any louder. When that door closed I broke down crying till my throat was raw. 

-Present-

       I looked at Kyle ,"You think you had it bad? Having a little 'lovesick puppy' follow you around?", I hissed. He still said nothing. "At least you didn't have to remember it every damn morning."

My rage continued, "I grew up hella fast after that night.I went to the gym, everyday. I cut my hair. I learned what makeup was. It all changed within a year." My hands went to my hair, where half of it was cut quite close to my skull and the other had thick full curls to my shoulder.

"But it didn't end there," I laughed, "Anyone I would try to move on to Katrina would take away. It didn't bother me at first. But it was then I realized trusting anyone would be a mistake. Until I met the boys. The only ones resistant to her charm. With them I really flourished, even gathered the courage to sing. To show my actual face around school." My fingers slid the mask off my face.

Kyle's P.O.V

       I sucked in a sharp breath as the mask came away. A thick vivid white line scarred her mocha skin from the corner of her eye to the tip of her ear. Regret washed over me like a tidal wave.

"I didn't want anyone to know about it," her voice gritted out, "But I didn't take severe care of it so it got infected." Her face went cold as her hand reached up to her eye and removed one grey contact letting it fall to the ground.

"I didn't let my parents tell Katrina, she would've used it to her advantage. The now combination of glittering silver and pale blue smacked me in the gut.

She was half blind... and it was my fault.

I quickly closed the distance between us and enveloped her into my arms, whispering an apology over and over again softly. "It's not your fault," her monotone only made the guilt worse, "You love Katrina, I was getting clingy. Its understandable, who doesn't love her?"

I pulled away for what I only meant to be a moment, but someone called my name in excitement. I turned just in time to catch Katrina herself jumping into my arms, slathering my face in lip gloss drenched kisses.