The Pain of Truth

Not the longest one i've done.

Nikk's P.O.V

         I parked my car in the student parking lot and walked up to Garcia Highschool. Just as my luck would have it Cole drove in right behind me with Mellisa on his lanky arm. I let out a small laugh as I realized they looked like a wanna be Edward and Bella Cullen. Of course, they stopped dead cold when they saw me. Mellisa was dressed like a hooker with a tight hot pink dress that was an eye sore.

 " You know your corner is that way right?", I asked pointing towards the busy highway. Without another word I walked inside, smirking at her gaping face. 'How the hell did I think I loved this guy?', I thought. I felt his eyes trace my body in hunger, a tingle of disgust went through my own. Walking into the school, I gave my ticket to our principal and walked to the grand entrance tripping on a cord into a set of muscle corded arms. 

Kyle's P.O.V

          I looked down into her sparkling silver eyes and felt a jolt of awareness go through me. I helped the young girl to her feet. "Thanks for saving my face", she smiled. 

"No problem. You alright there?", i asked. She nodded her smile faded to a puzzled frown, "How come I've never seen you before....?', she asked trailing off as to ask for my name.

 "Oh i'm Kyle Dollinger I just moved here...", I trailed off asking her the same question. I saw the faintest life drain from her eyes. 

She ignored my question by studying me and saying,"Let me guess you like wrestling... play guitar... like to laugh... love long relationships",she smiled, "Did I get it right?" 

I nodded, too stunned for words. "I've got a perceptive eye", she said tapping the mask. She dragged me inside, "I know some guys you should totally meet."

   When she walked up to four menacing looking guys who stood a good foot taller than the little imp,  I wanted to pull her back behind me, just because she looked so fragile compared to them. Turns out Jimmy, Miles, Denizen, and Ricky were pretty cool dudes. I hit it off with then almost instantly.

The little imp was known by everyone who walked by us. Seemed I made the perfect first friend, but this feeling I had... It was as if I knew her from somewhere.

 Suddenly the strong beat of "Run This Town" began to play on the speakers and everyone looked towards the little Imp. A sly grin appeared on her face, "Quit your shit Jimmy!" Sure enough one of the four giants stood right beside the DJ, his hands held up in surrender. 

"Come on Nikki, let's show them what we got," Denizen's white smile stood out of his dark complected skin. She smiled at him and nodded eagerly.

Before they got too far she looked back at me and gave me an old grin, "Good to see you again KyKy."

No.

No fucking way.

Nikki's P.O.V

Denizen and I leaped onto the stage and gave a big wave to the school body. For the past couple years Denizen and I had stared in the school talent shows, with my lovely singing and his ease with rapping. We were a power duo.

          "Feel it comin' in the air", I sang swaying my hips back and fourth to the beat of the music like I did every other dance or so, "And the screams from everywhere," Everyone yelled in joy at the sound of my voice ringing through the cafeteria.

 'Lovesick puppy...Get away...I hate you, always have, always will", I could hear Kyle's so clearly. It was long ago, but they still stung. The memories flooded through me but with years of practice I pushed them to the back of my mind. 

"I'm addicted to the thrill," I smiled with pride at the notes I could hit, "It's a dangerous love affair," Denizen came up beside me nodding silently to the beat.

"Can't be scared when it goes down, got a problem? Tell me now," I felt the crowd sway with me, my friends yell in pride, "Only thing that's on my mind, Is who gonna run this town toni-i-ight."

Denizen took it away with Jay-Z's verse, my eyes were drawn like a magnet to Kyle. He stared at me with a slack jaw, those beautiful blue eyes betraying the shock he felt.

Kyle's P.O.V

         "That's really her," I exhaled, she had changed. Majorly. 

                                                                                                                    -Flashback-

   We strolled hand in hand down the street away the street fair. "Come on Kyle", Nikki laughed in delight pulling me away. "Zorro just came out and I have been just dying to see it."
But I couldn't go with Nikki, the girl I loved, the girl i actually cared about was at the fair and Nikki was getting in the way, this wasn't the first time either.

 I stopped dead in my tracks. This had to stop, as of right now. "Get away Nikki", I ordered pushing her slightly. But her tiny frame fell easily, her head hit the concrete with a thud, She immediately held it as it began to bleed slightly from the back. Her grey eyes looked back up at me now tinted with fear over that adoration. But it didn't get past my initial fury. Her adoration had reached a point where she was really ticking me off.

"I'm sick of you Nikki. I don't need some little lovesick puppy following me around all the damn time! I only tolerated you because  your my sister's best friend, but i'm fed up! I hate you, always have always will", I growled at her. 

She stood up and shoved me slightly, it was weak, "Don't worry it won't happen again!",she hissed like a kitten when wet. How dare she even touch me?!

 My common senses dulled out of focus and fury reddened my gaze. I pitched the rock I had been twirling through my fingers at her. The waist length curls flew to the side with her head as her voice whimpered in pain. 

My senses hit me again full force. "Oh my god Nikki I'm so sorry!" regret ripped my gut into ribbons. Her head turned back towards me, from the corner of her left eye all the way into her hair, a long bloody line ran smoothly. 

Without another word between us she turned and ran away from me.

                                                                                                                     -Present-

  By the time I focused back on reality Nikki was huffing from the last note of the song, triumph glittering in her gaze. But once her eyes slid to me, they went blank, not sad just empty like.

"Thank guys," she smiled and slid to the back door of the stage. My body immediately went after her.