Chapter 14: 5.4.1 The End

Start from the beginning

"Dean, I wanted to reply but I couldn't. Castiel needed me to stay focused on my training. Why are you so mad? It wasn't even that long," Cassandra replied, watching as Dean flung his duffel down at the foot of the bed. He opened his mouth to reply back but decided against it, shaking his head.

"It doesn't even matter anymore. Forget it."

For two hours Cassandra and Dean sat around in silence waiting for Cas to call. When he finally did Cassandra eyed the phone warily, gulping. She hoped that the angel wouldn't make her breakdown a topic. Lucifer had gotten in her head. He had done what he wanted. What's done was done.

    "We're talking about the Colt, right? I mean, as in the Colt?" Dean asked into the phone, glancing out the window before pulling the curtains closed. Cassandra simply sat back on the counter, her eyes following his every move.

"We are," Castiel confirmed from the other line.

"Well, that doesn't make any sense. I mean, why would the demons keep a gun around that, uh, kills demons?" Dean replied. Cassandra could hear a loud whooshing sound rush past Castiel on his line and she started to wonder just where he was.

"What? What? Did—I didn't—I didn't get that," Cas shouted. Dean started to laugh, opening the fridge and stuffing a six pack of beer inside before closing it again.

"You know, it's kind of funny. Talking to a messenger of God on a cellphone. It's, you know, like watching a Hell's Angel ride a moped."

"This isn't funny, Dean. The voice says I'm almost out of minutes," Cas sneered. Cassandra chuckled and shook her head, pulling out her own phone and staring down at it. She swiped her thumb across to screen to clear off any lint and dust before unlocking it.

"Okay, all right. I'm—I'm telling you, Cas, the mooks have melted down the gun by now." Cassandra sighed and pulled up her texts, opening the unread ones from Sam. She figured she could reply now that she wasn't with Cas anymore.

Sam Winchester

9:26pm

Are you okay? You never replied back. Did he find you?

Cassandra rolled her bottom lip between her teeth, debating on whether she should tell him the truth or not. Cassandra looked up to make sure that Dean wasn't looking at her phone before replying.

Cassandra Moore

10:35pm

I'm okay. I'm with Dean now. No, no sign of Lucifer.

She turned off her phone, deciding to keep from talking to anyone else for the rest of the night. Cassandra wasn't in the mood to socialize for a long time, but she had a feeling that the plan would backfire pretty quickly.

"Well, I hear differently. And if it's true and if you are still set on the insane task of killing the devil, this is how we do it," she heard Cas say.

"Okay. Where do we start?"

"Where are you now?"

"Kansas City." Dean flopped down on the bed and reached across, grabbing the room key to read the hotel name and number. "Century Hotel, room one-one-three," he finished.

"I'll be there immediately." Cas went to hang up when Dean practically yelled out, stopping him.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. No, no, come on, man. I just drove like sixteen hours straight and Cassandra randomly appeared in my car thanks to you, okay? I'm human. And there's stuff I got to do," Dean grunted. He glanced over at Cassandra who rested her head against the cabinets behind her, her eyes closed as she let out a deep breath.