Chapter 27 - Reminisce

Start from the beginning

"That's enough of that," he growls, carrying my upstairs to his bedroom and locking the door behind us.

*****

I stare at my best friend, shocked at what he just confessed to me. Andy...in love with me, his best friend? My mind can't even process that.

He stares at the ground, his face now very red. His arms are crossed over his chest as if to conceal himself from me and his foot it tapping on the ground slowly.

This can't even be serious. My best friend, who I was very convinced was gay, is in love with me?

"Maddie, I'm sorry," Andy blurts.

I raise my eyebrows at him. "You don't have to be sorry." I give my best friend a reassuring smile. "But now is kind of the worst possible time for you to tell me this."

He closes his eyes for a second before looking back up at me.

"I just thought I should tell you." He shrugs, giving me a weak smile.

I think about it for a while, and I just can hold back my curiosity.

"Don't take any offense to this, but I thought you were...well... Um...gay?" It wast really a question, but the way I said it made it sound like one.

He rolls his eyes and chuckles, looking away momentarily.

"Honestly? I thought I was too..." What he says makes me nearly double over with laughter. My eyes squeeze tight as my laugh erupts from my mouth. When I calm down a bit, I look at Andy to see a dead serious face.

I stand up straight, ceasing my laughter immediately.

"You weren't joking..." I state and he nods.

*Suddenly, in the middle of my sentence, Andy does something I certainly would not have expected.

Shutting me up, he leans in and presses his lips to mine, kissing me.

*****
Be with a boy I've known for a little over a month, or be with a boy I've known for over three years?

"Maddie, I still love you. And I know you still love me too," he states, warmth now replacing the anger in his voice.

Without even thinking, I pull Ryder to me, standing up taller and planting my lips on his.

*****

"Goodbye, Maddie," Kian says into my hair. For some reason, I know that this will be the last thing he ever says to me. He'll never forgive me.

I pull away, looking up at him one last heartbreaking time, seeing tears present in his eyes. Tears that I caused. Just knowing that they were my fault kills me.

Then I turn around and walk out of his house. As soon as my feet hit the concrete sidewalk, I go into a dead sprit, trying to get home as quick as possible. Once I get in my front door, I collapse, letting myself cry until I run out of tears.

*****

"Will you forgive me?" I ask quietly, hoping we can be together again.

He nods slowly, a smile spreading on his face.

"Can we just start over?" He asks, reaching up and touching my cheek with his hand.

"Of course."

After these words leave my lips, Kian laughs lightly before leaning in again and kissing me, sending me into a state of pure happiness.

*****