Chapter 27 - Reminisce

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong?" He whispers once he realizes my lips aren't near his.

I put my hand on his shoulder, light pushing so he'll look at me.

"Kian, I-I haven't really heard the best about you." I look away from him.

"What?" He looks at me as though he doesn't understand.

I sigh, looking away.

"What have you heard?" He asks curiously.

"Emily. She told me that...you cheated on her," I explain, looking down at my lap.

He lets out a frustrated groan standing up off of my bed and walking to the window-wall.

He turns back to me, anger in his eyes. He walks back to me, putting a hand on the post of my bed where he is leaning over me.

"I didn't cheat on Emily. She cheated on me," he says harshly, but his eyes show hurt.

I put my hand on his arm, smiling up at him.

"I'm sorry," I say quietly, my eyes straying to where my hand rests in his muscular arm.

"It's all good. I'm better off without her." He places the hand that isn't resting on the bed post on my right cheek, directing my chin up so that I look at him.

He smiles and me and I smile back.

He leans down, closing the space between our faces. He keeps looking at me, I guess to make sure I'm not going to dodge again, taking to much time.

So I quickly stretch my torso, sitting up straight, and press my lips to his.

*****

"You like me right?" He looks in my eyes, our faces only a few inches apart.

I nod, a grin spreading on my face.

"That's a relief. Okay, well then... Will you be my girlfriend?" He looks at me and I swear I can see nervousness in his eyes, but his usual confident expression.

"I would love to," I reply, not missing a beat.

He leans in, pressing his lips to mine in a kiss.

*****

"You okay?" Kian asks, smiling at me.

See? Always asking if I'm okay.

I smile back as whole-heartedly as I can and nod.

I love Kian to death, but all this with him asking if I'm okay is seriously getting on my nerves.

Wait.

Did I just say I loved Kian?

I brush the thought out of my head, not wanting to think about me being in love with someone quickly.

*****

My hands go from his face to his chest, slowly making their way down to the hem of his shirt. I attach my lips to his neck, kissing up and down. His shirt soon comes up a bit, one of my hands flattens against his muscular abdomen, my fingers tapping lightly.

I hear a low growl come from Kian as he tenses up underneath me.

Finally, I hear Kian slam his fist on the desk, causing me to jump slightly. He pushes the rolling chair away from the desk, placing his hands under my arms and holding under my butt. Then he stands up from the chair.